Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
The Walker School is the college-preparatory independent school for families seeking an engaging educational experience within an intimately scaled, caring and diverse community where opportunities abound and meaningful relationships inspire transformative learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||987 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||127 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, French Language, German Language, U.S. Government and Politics, Comparative Government and Politics, La|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,000|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition range for 2014-2015 is $11,000 - $20,100.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brad Brown|
|Admissions Associate||Katherine Harrison|
- Walker’s dedicated teachers exude contagious intellectual energy, demonstrate authentic interest in the life of the mind that extends beyond their core subject areas, and model genuine respect for students and one another.
- Through their actions and interactions, Walker teachers cultivate students’ spirit of wanting to know in every setting—the classroom and the hallway, the laboratory and the library, the art studio and the stage, the court and the playing field.
- Walker students, feeling known and encouraged by their teachers and classmates, come to value the experience over the applause, developing along the way the confidence to explore new avenues of thinking, the wisdom to articulate meaningful insights, and the fortitude to act with integrity and honor.
- At the culmination of this carefully guided, increasingly independent journey from pre-K through grade 12, Walker graduates have evolved from curious young learners into critically thinking, individually expressive, confidently collaborative, and admirably honest young adults thoroughly prepared for the intellectual and relational challenges of college and life.
Profile last updated: 08/20/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MariettaGrades: K-8 | 493 students
81 Lacy St Nw
Marietta, GA 30060
MariettaGrades: 7-12 | 9 students
729 Lawrence St Ne
Marietta, GA 30060
MariettaGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
505 Atlanta Street SE
Marietta, GA 30060
MariettaGrades: PK-8 | 80 students
1330 Cobb Parkway N
Marietta, GA 30062
MariettaGrades: PK-6 | 165 students
150 Powers Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30067
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.