Grades: K-8 | 483 students
The raising of the flag happens every day! Our morning announcements begin with prayer, the pledge of allegiance and St. Joseph school pledge.
Girls volleyball is very popular. All of our sports matches begin with prayer to remind the competitors that fair play is a part of fierce competition!
- Established in 1953, St. Joseph Catholic School, a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, is accredited by AdvancED.Our curriculum is challenging and rewarding.
- All members of the teaching staff are fully qualified and dedicated to their craft. St. Joseph Catholic School's mission is to educate each student by embracing our faith, and upholding academic excellence within a Catholic community devoted to developing the whole child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||483 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Formal on Mass day - Jumper with shirt and tie, Khaki pants with shirt and tie - no ties required the rest of the week)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 27 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||range from $6,519 - $8,476|
|Admissions Associate||Judy Brodell|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Art Club, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Praise Band, Spanish Club, Student Council Altar Servers, Art Club, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Praise Band, Spanish Club, Student Council,
- Academically challenging curriculum
- Enriched with Art, Drama, Music, Band, and Foreign Language
- Weekly Mass
- Spanish language classes begin in Kindergarten
- Our mission is to educate each student by embracing our faith, and upholding academic excellence within a Catholic community devoted to developing the whole child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MariettaGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
700 Cobb Parkway N
Marietta, GA 30062
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 1250 students
1275 Stanley Road
Kennesaw, GA 30152
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 895 students
4500 Eagle Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30144
MariettaGrades: K-8 | 106 students
505 Atlanta Street SE
Marietta, GA 30060
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1107 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
Our daughter was at St. Joseph School for 6 years and had a great experience. She was academically challenged and was taught about being personally responsible for her decisions and results. Her success as a high school senior heading to college reflects the solid academic and moral foundation she experienced at SJCS. Love the teachers. I would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - mjfus
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.