Grades: K-8 | 483 students
The raising of the flag happens every day! Our morning announcements begin with prayer, the pledge of allegiance and St. Joseph school pledge.
Girls volleyball is very popular. All of our sports matches begin with prayer to remind the competitors that fair play is a part of fierce competition!
- Established in 1953, St. Joseph Catholic School, a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, is accredited by AdvancED.Our curriculum is challenging and rewarding.
- All members of the teaching staff are fully qualified and dedicated to their craft. St. Joseph Catholic School's mission is to educate each student by embracing our faith, and upholding academic excellence within a Catholic community devoted to developing the whole child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||483 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Formal on Mass day - Jumper with shirt and tie, Khaki pants with shirt and tie - no ties required the rest of the week)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 27 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||range from $6,519 - $8,476|
|Admissions Associate||Judy Brodell|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Art Club, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Praise Band, Spanish Club, Student Council Altar Servers, Art Club, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Girl Scouts, Lego Robotics, Praise Band, Spanish Club, Student Council,
- Academically challenging curriculum
- Enriched with Art, Drama, Music, Band, and Foreign Language
- Weekly Mass
- Spanish language classes begin in Kindergarten
- Our mission is to educate each student by embracing our faith, and upholding academic excellence within a Catholic community devoted to developing the whole child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MariettaGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
700 Cobb Parkway N
Marietta, GA 30062
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 1250 students
1275 Stanley Road
Kennesaw, GA 30152
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 895 students
4500 Eagle Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30144
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1107 students
966 W. Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
MariettaGrades: K-8 | 106 students
505 Atlanta Street SE
Marietta, GA 30060
Our daughter was at St. Joseph School for 6 years and had a great experience. She was academically challenged and was taught about being personally responsible for her decisions and results. Her success as a high school senior heading to college reflects the solid academic and moral foundation she experienced at SJCS. Love the teachers. I would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - mjfus
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.