Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
The Walker School is the college-preparatory independent school for families seeking an engaging educational experience within an intimately scaled, caring and diverse community where opportunities abound and meaningful relationships inspire transformative learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||987 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||127 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, French Language, German Language, U.S. Government and Politics, Comparative Government and Politics, La|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Walker`s dedicated teachers exude contagious intellectual energy, demonstrate authentic interest in the life of the mind that extends beyond their core subject areas, and model genuine respect for students and one another.
- Through their actions and interactions, Walker teachers cultivate students` spirit of wanting to know in every setting-the classroom and the hallway, the laboratory and the library, the art studio and the stage, the court and the playing field.
- Walker students, feeling known and encouraged by their teachers and classmates, come to value the experience over the applause, developing along the way the confidence to explore new avenues of thinking, the wisdom to articulate meaningful insights, and the fortitude to act with integrity and honor.
- At the culmination of this carefully guided, increasingly independent journey from pre-K through grade 12, Walker graduates have evolved from curious young learners into critically thinking, individually expressive, confidently collaborative, and admirably honest young adults thoroughly prepared for the intellectual and relational challenges of college and life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 1250 students
1275 Stanley Road
Kennesaw, GA 30152
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 895 students
4500 Eagle Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30144
MariettaGrades: K-8 | 483 students
81 Lacy St Nw
Marietta, GA 30060
MabletonGrades: PK-12 | 810 students
1 Whitefield Drive SE
Mableton, GA 30126
MariettaGrades: NS-8 | 388 students
1772 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30062
Awesome school with a great academic program. Learning experience is one of a kind. Great lunches and athletic program. There are also many clubs and extracurricular activities that nourish the brain well. Students can also participate in sports and student council as they wish. I doesn't get much better than this.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - andre
It is great hearing my children recount their days at school...''Mom, I bet you didn't know'', ''I wonder if...'', and ''You''ll never guess what we did today!'' The intellectual energy on the entire campus is amazing. I love what my children are learning, but more importantly how they are learning to think! In addition, there is a real family feel...children are known and celebrated!
- Posted by Parent - harri
Both of my boys started Walker in Pre K. They are now in upper school at Walker. The organizational skills, study habits, and foundation they are receiving at Walker will prepare them for college and beyond!
- Posted by Parent - kasdt
The Walker Preschool is fantastic. A great combination of nurturing environment and challenging opportunities. Supportive faculty work hard to help every student become confident and capable. Special classes include music, Spanish, art, science lab, computer classes. The school uses the latest technology to enhance developmentally appropriate lessons. A vibrant library serves just pre-K and Kindergarten and is open in the summer. The building and playground are secure and safe. Before school and after school care programs are available.
- Posted by Parent - karly
My children have graduated, but thrived in a nurturing atmosphere that challenged them academically. Walker provided a well rounded program with sports opportunities, art, music, technology, and individual personal attention from the faculty. Both my children were well prepared for college and had actually read some of the same materials they encountered at college while they were at Walker. Best money I ever spent!
- Posted by Parent - gados
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.