|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||710 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||43% (HI School Avg.: 59%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||20%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Souza|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Golf, Kayaking,
Soccer, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Water PoloBasketball, Cheering,
Surf Team, Swimming,
The School, in partnership with the family, strives to accomplish
its mission by:
- Believing that high expectations and high standards are important in academics and in personal ethics, integrity, and behavior.
- Providing unified, coherent, and engaging academic and extracurricular programs that encourage co-operative learning, support multiple learning styles, and foster a global perspective.
- Creating a nurturing, challenging and supportive community that embraces and celebrates diversity.
- Valuing and emphasizing the development of positive character, the making of healthy choices, and the giving of service to others.
- Expecting that the daily interaction of students and adults will be marked by kindness, civility, generosity, and mutual respect.
- Maintaining a safe, friendly, and healthy environment in which students have the opportunity to be mindful of themselves and their learning.
- Le Jardin Academy strives to develop students who are:
- Independent learners, who are knowledgeable and balanced in academics, arts, foreign language, and physical education.
- Critical and creative thinkers, who are able to conduct inquiry and research, make decisions, develop strategies, and solve problems.
- Effective and open-minded communicators, who take risks and are able to express ideas through verbal, written, technological, and artistic expression.
- Productive and reflective community members, who are caring and respectful of the feelings and ideas of others.
- Responsible and principled global citizens, who understand and appreciate cultural and ideological diversity and the need to protect and preserve our fragile environment.
Profile last updated: 04/11/2013
Kailua Trinity Christian School
(Presbyterian)0.4 mi | 343 students | Gr. PK-12
Kailua Kailua Christian Academy
(Christian)1.4 mi | 48 students | Gr. 4-12
Kailua Hawaiian Mission Academy Windward Campus
(Seventh-Day Adventist)2.5 mi | 50 students | Gr. K-9
Kailua St. Anthony Parish School
(Roman Catholic)2.5 mi | 380 students | Gr. K-9
Kailua St. John Vianney Parish School
(Roman Catholic)2.6 mi | 218 students | Gr. PK-8 2 Reviews