Riverstone is a Malone Scholar School, chosen by the Malone Family Foundation to offer scholarships to motivated students with financial need who are entering grades 7+.
We appreciate your interest in Riverstone International School!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||323 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||16%
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Diploma Programme: Biology, IB Diploma Programme: Business and Economics, IB Diploma Programme: Chemistry, IB Diploma Programme: English, IB Diploma Programme: French, IB Diploma Programme: Math (Higher & Standard Level), IB Diploma Programme: Math Studies, IB Diploma Programme: Music, IB Diploma Programme: Physics, IB Diploma Programme: Spanish, IB Diploma Programme: Theatre Arts, IB Diploma Programme: Theory of Knowledge, IB Diploma Programme: United States History, IB Diploma Programme: Visual Art, IB Diploma Programme: World Religions, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme,|
|Average SAT score||1861|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and fees vary by grade level. Please Contact Rachel Pusch at 208.424.5000 #3 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rachel Pusch|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Snowboarding, Soccer, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Amnesty International, Chess: Elementary School, Chess: Middle & High School, Choir: Elementary School, Choir: Middle & High School, Contemporary Music Ensemble: Elementary School, Contemporary Music Ensemble: Middle School, Drama: Middle & High School, Middle & High School Drama, Model United Nations, National History Day, Rotating After-School Activities: Elementary & Middle School, Science Bowl: High School, Science Bowl: Middle School, Student Council: Elementary School, Student Council: High School, Student Council: Middle School Amnesty International,
Chess: Elementary School,
Chess: Middle & High School,
Choir: Elementary School,
Choir: Middle & High School,
Contemporary Music Ensemble: Elementary School,
Contemporary Music Ensemble: Middle School,
Drama: Middle & High School,
Middle & High School Drama,
Model United Nations,
National History Day,
Rotating After-School Activities: Elementary & Middle School,
Science Bowl: High School,
Science Bowl: Middle School,
Student Council: Elementary School,
Student Council: High School,
Student Council: Middle School,
- Riverstone offers students and families small class sizes and a strong sense of community.
- Riverstone offers Malone Scholarships for motivated students with financial need entering grades 7+. Learn more details at www.riverstoneschool.org
- 100% of Riverstone graduates are accepted into colleges and universities, nationally and internationally.
- The average PSAT and SAT scores for Riverstone students exceed state and national average scores.
- College counseling begins in Grade 9 and provides individual attention to each student. Grade 11 students tour colleges in the Pacific Northwest as part of the college counseling program.
- Twenty six countries are represented within our student and staff.
- Outdoor activities/trips include rafting the Payette and Main Salmon rivers, as well as exploring Yellowstone National Park, and McCall Outdoor Science School. Starting in Grade 8, students backpack through the Sawtooth and White Cloud Mountains, Hells Canyon, Grand Gulch (UT), and along Sheep Creek. Winter activities include ice skating, nordic skiing, alpine skiing and snowboarding, snowshoeing, overnight yurt trips, and overnight snow cave trips.
- Optional summer travel opportunities are offered for students entering grade 8 and up (Washington, D.C., Brazil, Europe, and Monterey, CA).
- Riverstone was recognized as the 2009 Governor's Brightest Star for Schools in recognition of our commitment to service to others.
- Before- and after-school care is available.
Profile last updated: 08/12/2013
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Boise New Horizon Child Care
155 E Boise Avenue
Boise , ID , 83706
649 E Parkcenter Blvd
Boise , ID , 83706
(208)344-0004Montessori School3.5 mi | 151 students | Gr. K
BoiseKids Connection Montessori
2310 Columbus St
Boise , ID , 83705
(208)384-1191Montessori School4.7 mi | 22 students | Gr. K
BoiseFoothills School of Arts & Sciences
618 South 8th Street
Boise , ID , 83702
(208)331-9260Special Program Emphasis5.4 mi | 153 students | Gr. PK-9
BoiseSt Joseph''s Catholic School
825 W Fort St
Boise , ID , 83702
(208)342-4909(Roman Catholic)5.5 mi | 332 students | Gr. KG-8
- September 23, 2014 - Riverstone was a great environment for our son who really thrived in the small classroom setting, with a rigorous academic curriculum and with teachers who were truly mentors throughout his 8 years there. Riverstone is the best educational opportunity presented to students in Idaho and beyond. I have taught in public and private schools and so, as a former teacher and as a parent, I can say that Riverstone has its vision, mission and act together. - Posted by Parent