Kemmerer Village School
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/ Attention Deficit Disorder/Executive Functioning, Language Based/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia /Auditory and Visual Processing Disorders|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||69% (IL School Avg.: 30%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(Uniform provided by Kemmerer Village is khaki pants and colored polo style shirts)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ron Little|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Softball||Track and Field|
- Students reside in one of eight ranch-style cottages spread out across our 60 acre campus.
- Working horse stables which are used for both leisure and therapeutic activities.
- Our campus contains a softball field, outdoor tennis court, soccer field, outdoor volleyball court, indoor gymnasium and Recreational Center.
- Other Services Available: *Psychological and Achievement testing *Speech Therapy *Nutrition and Diet planning *Individual, Group and Family Therapy *Psychiatric Consultation, medication evaluation & monitoring *Licensed Nurse services *Individual and group substance abuse counseling *Therapeutic Recreation individual and group activities
- On-campus chapel and Chaplain services
- Accredited by the Council of Accreditation since 1984.
- Kemmerer Village has a caring and supportive staff and environment focused on promoting the strengths and abilities of each student.
Gr. 6-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 8.7 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 9 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 9.2 mi. away
Gr. K-7 | 12.6 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 12.9 mi. away