Grades: 6-12 | 230 students
SAS offers an award-winning arts program that includes theatre, music, clay, 2-D and 3-D art, architecture, design, film making, and photography.
Outstanding classmates with ambitious long range goals will challenge you to do your best in the classroom and will share your joy when you succeed. Personalized college counseling helps you to get to the next step on the road to success.
The school's 550-acre wooded mountaintop campus provides the classroom for the school's Adventure Education, Outdoor Adventure, mountain biking, and climbing programs.
Knowledge doesn't sit still.
Why should students? At St. Andrew's-Sewanee School, learning is about the challenge, not the test.
It's about discovering the right questions, not just finding the right answers.
At SAS, students come together to form a community that values curiosity and creativity.
You belong here.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advance Chemistry, Advanced Biology, Advanced Physics, Qualified students take courses for credit at the University of the South,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for Middle School and Upper School boarding tuition and for information about financial aid and merit scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$14,596|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anneke Skidmore|
|Admissions Associate||Claire Forbes|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Mountain Biking,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Co-op, Athletic Training, Climbing, Debate Club, ECO SAS, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Global Outreach, International Club, Jewish Culture Club, Landscape Painting, Math Club, Mind*Body*Exercise, Music, Outdoor Adventure, Proctors, Recycle Club, SAS Ambassadors, Strength & Conditioning, Theatre, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook Art Co-op, Climbing, Debate Club, ECO SAS, Math Club, Music, Proctors, Recycle Club, Theatre, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook, Athletic Training,
Gay Straight Alliance (GSA),
Jewish Culture Club,
Strength & Conditioning,
- Explore a beautifully wooded and historic 550-acre campus high atop the Cumberland Plateau.
- Cultivate all your interests with opportunities for active participation in sports, music, literature, science, worship, and an award-winning arts program.
- Participate in Adventure Education, Outdoor Adventure, the mountain biking team, or the climbing club to take full advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities in the region.
- Nurture your competitive spirit through friendly "house cup" competitions.
- Explore non-curricular interests through afternoon programs, clubs, and Winterim.
- Capitalize on access to the facilities of the nearby University of the South, including the option to take college courses for free and for credit.
- Enjoy a close-knit, caring and accepting community.
- Get to know classmates from 11 states and 14 countries.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JasperGrades: K-8 | 26 students
Po Box 787
Jasper, TN 37347
JacksonvilleGrades: KG-12 | 250 students
919 Gum Branch Rd
Jacksonville, NC 28540