Grades: 6-12 | 247 students
SAS offers an award-winning arts program that includes theatre, music, clay, 2-D and 3-D art, architecture, design, film making, and photography.
Outstanding classmates with ambitious long range goals will challenge you to do your best in the classroom and will share your joy when you succeed. Personalized college counseling helps you to get to the next step on the road to success.
The school's 550-acre wooded mountaintop campus provides the classroom for the school's Adventure Education, Outdoor Adventure, mountain biking, and climbing programs.
- Knowledge doesn't sit still. Why should students?
- At St. Andrew's-Sewanee School, learning is about the challenge, not the test.
- It's about discovering the right questions, not just finding the right answers.
- It's about taking an active role in your own education.
- At SAS, students come together to form a community that values curiosity and creativity.
- You belong here.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advance Chemistry, Advanced Biology, Advanced Physics, Calculus, Qualified students take courses for credit at the University of the South|
|Average SAT score||1825|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,950|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for Middle School and Upper School boarding tuition and for information about financial aid and merit scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,347|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anneke Skidmore|
|Admissions Associate||Claire Forbes|
|Endowment Size||11.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anime Club, Art Club for Charity, Athletic Training, Barbell Club, Boy Scouts, Christian Athletes, Climbing, Cum Laude Society, Cycling Club, ECO-SAS, Global Outreach, International Club, Landscape Painting, Math Club, Mind*Body*Exercise, Music, Outdoor Adventure, Proctors, SAS Ambassadors, Strength & Conditioning, Theatre, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook Anime Club, Barbell Club, Boy Scouts, Climbing, Cycling Club, ECO-SAS, Math Club, Music, Proctors, Theatre, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook, Art Club for Charity,
Cum Laude Society,
Strength & Conditioning,
- Explore a beautifully wooded and historic 550-acre campus high atop the Cumberland Plateau.
- Cultivate all your interests with opportunities for active participation in sports, music, literature, science, worship, and an award-winning arts program.
- Participate in Adventure Education, Outdoor Adventure, the mountain biking team, or the climbing club to take full advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities in the region.
- Nurture your competitive spirit through friendly "house cup" competitions.
- Explore your interests through afternoon programs, clubs, and Winterim.
- Capitalize on access to the facilities of the nearby University of the South, including the option to take college courses for free and for credit.
- Enjoy a close-knit, caring and accepting community.
- Get to know classmates from across the country and around the world.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.