Grades: 7-12 | 212 students
Studying in the Quad! Boarding students have an extensive residential life program, which does include Studying! That's how our 24 graduates of 2010 garnered $3.4M in college scholarships!
It's not ALL work! Just as with any high school, St. Bernard has the usual memory milestones--Prom, Homecoming, Graduation, and Friendships to last a lifetime!
An extensive sports program for both boys and girls, including soccer, softball, basketball, track, cross country, tennis, swimming, baseball, volleyball, cheerleading, and dance team.
An Extensive Fine Arts program including Drama, Art, Chorus, Band, Instrumentals, and many other individual opportunities.
Monks, Priests, Sisters, and an extremely well-educated (most with advanced degrees) Faculty and Staff.
St. Bernard is a co-ed Catholic boarding and day school for grades 7-12. Since 1891 St. Bernard has been providing a quality education that prepares students for college/university studies and life.
Operated by the Benedictine monks of St. Bernard Abbey, the school offers students a Catholic Christian education, college preparatory curriculum, 5 or 7-day boarding, supervised study hall, and financial assistance.
The school's purpose is to assist students to grow to their potential in mind, body and spirit.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus I, Calculus II, Chemistry, Dual Enrollment English, English A, English B, European History, Physics|
|Average SAT score||1800|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants, girls uniform skirt, blazer)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,350|
|Tuition Notes||Day Tuition - 9350 including Books and Fees 27100 boarding, incl. Room, Board and Books and Fees|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Diana Urbina|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Astronomy Club, Bernardian Admissions Team, Campus Ministry, Drama Club, Interact, Jazz Band, Junior Classical League (Latin), Mu Alpha Theta (Math), Music Ensemble, National Honor Society, Recycling Club, Show Choir, Sigma Tau Delta (English), Spanish Club Art Club, Astronomy Club, Drama Club, Interact, Jazz Band, Music Ensemble, Recycling Club, Show Choir, Spanish Club, Bernardian Admissions Team,
Junior Classical League (Latin),
Mu Alpha Theta (Math),
National Honor Society,
Sigma Tau Delta (English),
- St. Bernard Preparatory School admits students who seek to prepare for college and university studies and who are academically capable of excelling through standard college prep instructional and testing methods. The school endeavors to challenge each student to academic excellence through a rigorous and reasonable college preparatory program, including AP courses and dual-enrollment in college courses.
- - St. Bernard averages over $3 million in scholarships per 25 graduates. Over $5 million in 2014, 24 graduates.
- - St. Bernard graduates are accepted to numerous prestigious colleges and universities.
- - ACT and SAT scores consistently rank well above the national average.
- - Cultural diversity is promoted through our international student population.
- - Foreign travel opportunities are available to students.
- - Highly-educated and experienced faculty of Monks and Lay personnel.
- - Extensive athletics program as well as a full spectrum of visual and performing arts.
- - Safe, secure environment on the picturesque 900 acres of St. Bernard Abbey.
- - Located in North Alabama in the quaint community of Cullman (originally founded by German immigrants in 1877), an hour drive north of Birmingham, an hour south of Huntsville, two hours from Nashville, TN, from three hours from Atlanta, GA.
- - Residential life that promotes growth, maturity and the self-knowledge that comes through a healthy measure of independence and self-reliance.
- - The school's "House System" organizes the student body into "houses" of less than 20 students, supervised by teachers and staff members. This results in integration of the student body, student leadership skills, and personal connection with faculty and staff.School accreditations:
- - Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools, Secondary Schools Admissions Test Board
Profile last updated: 02/24/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CullmanGrades: PK-12 | 155 students
708 7th Street SW
Cullman, AL 35055
CullmanGrades: PK-6 | 107 students
510 3rd Ave Se
Cullman, AL 35055
CullmanGrades: PK-6 | 151 students
112 2nd Ave Se
Cullman, AL 35055
CullmanGrades: KG-12 | 32 students
Po Box 460
Cullman, AL 35056
VinemontGrades: PK-12 | 42 students
21325 Us Highway 31
Vinemont, AL 35179
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.