Grades: K-8 | 218 students
- St. Columbanus School is a faith community in which students, Preschool to Grade 8, are encouraged to develop their intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social and physical gifts to their fullest potential.
- Students are taught Christian prinicples to guide them in making moral decisions as they live out their Christian role of service in the global community.
- We, the faculty and staff of St. Columbanus School, guide our students in their spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth.
- We provide an academically demanding curriculum in a nurturing Catholic environment that encourages and aids each student to develop his/her intellect to its full potential.
- Our religious purpose is to educate the whole child based on the Gospel values and to foster growth in their faith journey to become more like Christ.
- We understand that discipleship is ministry of care, encouragement and love.
- We seek to express our faith to those outside our school community through word and action.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||218 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kathleen Nertney|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band (Tuesday afternoons) Band (Tuesday afternoons),
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HawthorneGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
180 Bradhurst Avenue
Hawthorne, NY 10532
SomersGrades: 9-12 | 565 students
54 Route 138
Somers, NY 10589
OssiningGrades: K-9 | 150 students
16 Elizabeth St
Ossining, NY 10562
Shrub OakGrades: PK-8 | 375 students
1375 E Main St
Shrub Oak, NY 10588
TarrytownGrades: PK-8 | 223 students
40 Prospect Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.