Grades: PK-12 | 403 students
- St. George's Independent School, a coeducational school with campuses in Memphis, Germantown, and Collierville, Tennessee.
- We hope that browsing our site will give you a glimpse of what makes a St. George's education truly unique.
- Founded in 1959 by parishioners of St. George's Episcopal Church, we began as a small, coeducational, independent day school.
- In the mid-1990's we embarked on a capital campaign to open two new, separately incorporated schools a new middle/upper school in Collierville and a second elementary school in Memphis.
- Today all three campuses share the same mission of being schools of excellence that prepare students for a life of learning and meaningful contribution through dedication to high academic achievement and the development of moral character reinforced by Judeo-Christian values.
- Our philosophy is student-centered.
- Rigorous academics are balanced by the recognition that students may excel and learn in many areas, whether in the classroom, on the athletic field, in the art studio, or on the stage.
- "Balance" is a word used frequently at St. George's because it recalls for us the need to nurture students' bodies and souls, as well as their minds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||403 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,980|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K starts at 12,615|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GermantownGrades: PK-5 | 205 students
1920 Forest Hill Irene
Germantown, TN 38139
GermantownGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
Germantown, TN 38138
MillingtonGrades: PK-12 | 627 students
8696 Rosemark Rd
Millington, TN 38053
CordovaGrades: K-5 | 127 students
8200 Macon Rd
Cordova, TN 38018
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.