Grades: PK-8 | 209 students
Spiritually guided in our Catholic faith. Students attend Mass weekly and also celebrate the Liturgical seasons with special prayer services.
Students ranging from grades 1 - 5 relaxing after a full day of school in our School Aged Child Care (SACC).
- St. Germaine Catholic School offers classes Pre-K (ages 3 and 4) through 8th Grade.
- We have been offering excellence in Catholic education since 1964! Kindergarten is the time to build the strong foundation that is necessary for reading and math proficiency, as well as, learning self-independence and how to work with others. Our goal is to prepare your child for the next grade/level, while enjoying themselves in the process.
- We prepare students for active participation in the life of the Church. We have an Open House every year on the last Sunday of January--join us!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences primarily in language arts and math|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(plaid skirts/jumpers and white polo for girls, navy pants and white polo for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,200|
|Tuition Notes||additional fees: registration, lunch, lab, books. Family discounts for second, third, fourth child|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Julie DeGrez|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Pauline Latessa|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-school Science, Chess/Brain Games, Daisies, Brownies, Girl Scouts, Dance and Repertory Company, Golf, Instrumental band, LEGO class, Rembrandt Drawing, Summer Camps, Tae Kwon Do, Tennis Lessons, Tumbling, Youth Choir Golf, LEGO class, Summer Camps, Tae Kwon Do, Tennis Lessons, Tumbling, Youth Choir, After-school Science,
Daisies, Brownies, Girl Scouts,
Dance and Repertory Company,
- St. Germaine School offers classes Pre-K through 8th Grade. We have been offering excellence in Catholic education since 1964! Kindergarten is the time to build the strong foundation that is necessary for reading and math proficiency, as well as, learning self-independence and how to work with others. Our goal is to prepare your child for the next grade/level, while enjoying themselves in the process. Most of our eighth grade graduates enter high school far above average in reading, writing, and math. We prepare students for active participation in the life of the Church. Choose St. Germaine Catholic School where we are "Growing together in faith and knowledge." We host an open house every year on the last Sunday in January, join us!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint Clair ShoresGrades: K-9 | 343 students
21100 Madison St
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081
Saint Clair ShoresGrades: PK-8 | 403 students
22415 Overlake St
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080
Grosse Pointe WoodsGrades: PK-8 | 355 students
467 Fairford Rd
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI 48236
Clinton TownshipGrades: PK-8 | 52 students
21400 S Nunneley Rd
Clinton Township, MI 48035
My daughter attended St. Germaine from age 3 through grade 8, graduating Spring 2013. She has a strong faith base, a great perspective on life, and was prepared very well academically. She is very much looking forward to entering high school and plans to continue her education well beyond.
- Posted by Parent - tjdeg
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.