Grades: UG | 17 students
- St. Joseph Center for Special Learning is a special education program for students ages 4 through 21.
- sponsored by the Office of Education, Diocese of Allentown, St. Joseph Center offers academic, social, religious and pre-vocational instruction to students with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout Schuylkill County and beyond regardless of race, creed and ethnic origin.
- St. Joseph Center also offers a state licensed adult habilitation program for those over 21 who, due to functional level, are unable to join the workforce.
- The basic curriculum includes an educational, developmental, and spiritual program.
- To enhance the basic program, the following services are also provided: speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, vocational /technical services, as well as a school nurse.
- Practical skills such as computer literacy, cooking, music, art, hand/eye coordinated tasks, and other necessary daily living skills are taught in order to meet the challenges in today's world.
- St. Joseph Center for Special Learning is a unique environment committed to guiding students to their full potential academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually, while equipping them with the skills necessary for independent adult life.
- This is accomplished in a safe, loving environment emphasizing individuality and family values.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Coal TownshipGrades: PK-12 | 481 students
2001 Clinton Ave
Coal Township, PA 17866
MinersvilleGrades: PK-8 | 150 students
515 N Front St
Minersville, PA 17954
MohrsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 216 students
1562 Main Street
Mohrsville, PA 19541
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.