Grades: UG | 17 students
- St. Joseph Center for Special Learning is a special education program for students ages 4 through 21.
- sponsored by the Office of Education, Diocese of Allentown, St. Joseph Center offers academic, social, religious and pre-vocational instruction to students with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout Schuylkill County and beyond regardless of race, creed and ethnic origin.
- St. Joseph Center also offers a state licensed adult habilitation program for those over 21 who, due to functional level, are unable to join the workforce.
- The basic curriculum includes an educational, developmental, and spiritual program.
- To enhance the basic program, the following services are also provided: speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, vocational /technical services, as well as a school nurse.
- Practical skills such as computer literacy, cooking, music, art, hand/eye coordinated tasks, and other necessary daily living skills are taught in order to meet the challenges in today's world.
- St. Joseph Center for Special Learning is a unique environment committed to guiding students to their full potential academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually, while equipping them with the skills necessary for independent adult life.
- This is accomplished in a safe, loving environment emphasizing individuality and family values.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MinersvilleGrades: PK-8 | 150 students
515 N Front St
Minersville, PA 17954
MohrsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 216 students
1562 Main Street
Mohrsville, PA 19541
Coal TownshipGrades: PK-12 | 481 students
2001 Clinton Ave
Coal Township, PA 17866
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.