Grades: 9-12 | 815 students
- Saint Joseph High School is a four year, coeducational, college preparatory school established in 1962 by the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Bridgeport.
- Saint Joseph High School strives to be the premier college preparatory school in Southern Connecticut.
- The school provides a learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith and promotes a commitment to family and community.
- The school prepares our young women and young men to realize their potential, helps them excel in higher education and provides a foundation to guide them throughout their lives.
- We are to develop educated and creative thinkers who exhibit superior intellectual and communication skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Catholic Education Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||815 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(uniform shirts, slacks and polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,300|
|Tuition Notes||inclusive of textbooks|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Margaret Kuhar Marino \'71|
|Admissions Associate||Angela DeStefano|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- St. Joseph High School does offer students the option of taking virtual courses that are not currently offered at the high school. These courses can range in area of study to provide a different areas of study for the student to explore.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 483 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 904 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
WallingfordGrades: 9-12 | 864 students
333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
EastonGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
660 Morehouse Road
Easton, CT 06612
A great environment with fantastic teachers & support staff. Simply an outstanding high school!
- Posted by Parent - rlaon
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.