Grades: PK-8 | 374 students
- St. Mark School is a vital faith and academic community founded in 1889 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, as part of the larger parish community of Saint Mark Catholic Church.
- St. Mark currently enrolls students from Pre-School through the 8th grade.
- St. Mark School strives to provide the best spiritual and academic foundation for its students.
- Various activities help students to grow in both of these areas.
- St. Mark School, a Roman Catholic grade school, guides its students to the realization that responsibility towards God, neighbor, and self comes with the attainment of knowledge.
- The faculty supports the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth of the students.
- Within each subject area, instructors call the students to perceive, organize, inquire, communicate, and respond to age-appropriate lessons using critical thinking skills.
- Saint Mark School strives to nurture the achievement of each student and to encourage the development of his or her God-given talents.
- It is the mission of Saint Mark School to provide a superior education based on the teaching of Jesus through His Church.
- This mission is accomplished by striving to instill Christian values and service, personal responsibility, intellectual curiosity, and strong academic performance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||PRIDE Program|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,961|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner and Non parishioner rate. Multi child discount|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Drama Club, Friends of Rachel Club, Friends of St. Francis Ecology Club, Instrumental Band, It's Academic Club, Lego Robotics Club, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics Club, STEM Club, School Chorus, School Safety Patrol, St. Mark Athletic Association, Student Council, Yearbook Club, Young Naturalists Club Chess Club, Drama Club, Robotics Club, STEM Club, School Chorus, Yearbook Club, Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts,
Friends of Rachel Club,
Friends of St. Francis Ecology Club,
It's Academic Club,
Lego Robotics Club,
National Junior Honor Society,
School Safety Patrol,
St. Mark Athletic Association,
Young Naturalists Club,
- The Siena Program is our program for the academically talented student. Students will be identified by the Siena committee using a set criteria including standardized test scores, grades, teacher recommendations and a writing sample. Using differentiated instruction within the regular classroom such as curriculum compacting, tiered instruction, independent projects and curriculum acceleration, students in the program are encouraged to develop their full potential.
- St. Mark offers a PRIDE Program (Pupils Receiving Inclusive Diversified Education) for students with learning differences. Students attend specialized classes in language arts and math while attending their other classes with their grade level peers.
- St. Mark School has been awarded Green School Status by the Maryland Green School Awards Program supported by the Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
603 Saint Agnes Ln
Baltimore, MD 21229
BaltimoreGrades: KG-8 | 109 students
929 Ingleside Ave
Baltimore, MD 21228
ElkridgeGrades: PK-8 | 278 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
PikesvilleGrades: PK-12 | 832 students
2425 Old Court Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Owings MillsGrades: KG-12 | 1305 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
If you''re looking for a safe, caring, nurturing, diverse and great learning environment for your child, I''d strongly suggest taking a close look at St. Mark School in Catonsville, Maryland. Me and my 2 brothers went there and we loved it and now I have 2 boys who attend and we''ve been incredibly pleased with the school and the teachers. The community is even better. Our boys spent some time in the preschool before starting kindergarten and immediately felt comfortable. We loved Mrs. Masters and the teachers in preschool so much! We have also been very active in the athletic program through the school with everything from soccer to basketball. The programs are fun, encouraging and great for the kids and parents. It's a fantastic place. Highly Recommend!!!
- Posted by Parent - charl
St. Mark is an academically and spiritually strong school. Both my children went on to private high schools, and in speaking to their advisers this is what they said. To them, St. Mark is the benchmark of academic preparation for high school. They look forward to welcoming St. Mark students to their schools. This speaks volumes as to the strength of both the lower and middle schools. You''ll be glad you sent your child to St. Mark!
- Posted by Parent - jannb
Great school! Faculty and Teachers truly care about the whole life and education of the children. Many experienced and engaging teachers keep children interested, focused, and make learning fun. Great math, science, and reading/english/literature teachers and programs. The Catholic nature of the school helps our children feel safe at school, keeps learning wholesome and friendly, and helps filter-out some of the cultural craziness that cannot be filtered-out at public schools, while still keeping the curriculum up-to-date with modern science and current events. Tons of parental, family, and parishioner involvement make this parish school feel like one big family. Many of the teachers were once students at St. Mark, have children that are either alumni or current students, and a few have soon to be students, making the teachers highly invested in the educational quality and overall enviroment of the school. An involved home-school association keeps parents a say in the schools daily events. The online resources, such as "power school" help parents track their students daily progress and classroom performance. Siblings discounts make it affordable for large families.
- Posted by Parent - matt_
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.