Grades: PK-8 | 254 students
- St. Mary of the Assumption School is a coeducational Catholic elementary school founded by St. Mary of the Assumption Church in 1925, to serve the Catholic families of the greater Upper Marlboro area.
- This school is committed to the embodiment of the threefold educational mission of the Church: to teach the message of Jesus, to build Christian community, and to foster a concern for social justice.
- This is accomplished through an instructional program dedicated to academic excellence and vibrant faith aimed at the development of the whole child; that is, one who is spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically mature.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,592|
|Tuition Notes||$400 Refundable Service Hours Fee included in tuition|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Tamera Campbell|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Bookwalter|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, National Junior Honor Society, Rosary Club, STEM Program, Yearbook Drama, Rosary Club, STEM Program, Yearbook, National Junior Honor Society,
- Please take a minute to visit our website. We hope you find it helpful as you seek information regarding our school. We are committed to partnering with parents, the first and primary educators of children. Ideally, we support and enhance the educational process by providing technical assistance and sound pedagogy in appropriate ways. Our website serves as a comprehensive tool that features many of the wonderful facets of our school. One of the great joys of our school community is building relationships with parents and children. We encourage you to call and schedule a tour of our school environment. We look forward to meeting you!
People that viewed St. Mary Of The Assumption School also viewed these schools: Riverdale Baptist School, Mount Calvary Catholic School, Rock Creek Christian Academy(Formerly Clinton Christian School), St. Philip The Apostle School and Grace Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
District HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 142 students
6704 Marlboro Pike
District Heights, MD 20747
Upper MarlboroGrades: PK-12 | 243 students
6707 Woodyard Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
SuitlandGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
5414 Henderson Way
Suitland, MD 20746
BowieGrades: K-8 | 295 students
7210 Race Track Rd
Bowie, MD 20715
This is a very good school. The teachers and class size are great, and my kids are performing well above grade level. My kids were previously enrolled in a school in Arlington, but surprisingly this surpasses that school. I hope they keep it up.
- Posted by Parent - Cnfar
For parents looking for quality education, that raises the bar for students in a caring environment, I would recommend this school. The admission process is legnthy because your kid has to test to get in but, it's worth it if accepted. The teachers are good, they know he skills kids need to be 21st century global citizens.
- Posted by Parent - Cnfar
I would highly recommend this school. It is a very tight-knit community where everyone is involved and looks out for each other. I am often amazed at what my daughter is being taught. The school offers a variety of activities to keep families engaged.
- Posted by Parent - Blgre
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.