Grades: PK-8 | 158 students
- St. Matthew's Lutheran School began in 1922 when members built a two-room school, which also served as the congregation's first worship facility.
- The lower level of the present school building was completed in 1952, and the second floor was added in 1962.
- Since it's humble beginnings, God has blessed St. Matthew's with continued growth, caring teachers, and supportive families.
- The current school has ten classrooms and enrolls children from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- St. Matthew's Lutheran School is operated by St. Matthew's Lutheran Church and is part of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
- WELS congregations like St. Matthew's have operated elementary schools for over 150 years.
- The 359 WELS schools in 27 states and two foreign countries make up our nation's fourth largest school system.
- The dedicated, nurturing, teachers and staff of St. Matthew's are united in their mission to "assist parents in the Christian training of their children." As children are nurtured in this way, their faith grows.
- As faith grows, it doesn't remain static; it becomes evident the caring hearts, respectful attitudes, and conscientious work of the students.
- Students at St. Matthew's not only know there is a God, they know who God is, what God did to save them, and how they can express gratitude to God by the way they live their lives.
- St. Matthew's Lutheran School exists to make disciples for the Lord's kingdom through Christian education, assisting parents in the training of their children as we grow in God's inerrant Word, serving and glorifying Him.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Clean and modestly dressed)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||$1038 for Church Members|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eric W. Ziel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PewaukeeGrades: NS-8 | 161 students
N14w29143 Silvernail Rd
Pewaukee, WI 53072
DousmanGrades: PK-8 | 90 students
246 W Ottawa Avenue
Dousman, WI 53118
OconomowocGrades: K-9 | 149 students
210 E Pleasant St
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
HartlandGrades: PK-8 | 40 students
1023 E Capitol Dr
Hartland, WI 53029
HubertusGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
3733 Hubertus Rd
Hubertus, WI 53033
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.