Grades: NS-8 | 380 students
- The mission of Saint Matthias School in Ridgewood, Queens, is to empower our students, through formal education, to reach the fullness of their potential as children made in God's image, and to encourage them to direct their talents toward the building of a more just society.
- The school community of St. Matthias provides a loving and caring environment in which families from diverse cultures can grow in their love of Christ and each other without discrimination in our administration policies or educational programs.
- The St. Matthias faculty believes service is sharing of time, resources, and energy for God and community.
- We enable, encourage, and challenge our students to serve as Jesus did.
- We commit ourselves to academic excellence, which fosters the intellectual development of faculty and students.
- Rooted in our faith we enable our students to live out their Christian values in an ever-changing world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(dress code can be found on school website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the school for any financial information at 718-381-8003|
|Admissions Director||Ms. I. Rios|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. A. Rotondo|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and FieldBasketball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program, Band, Boy Scouts, Children's Choir, Cinema Club, Fingers in Motion (Piano), Girl Scouts, Media Club, Tutoring Programs Band, Boy Scouts, Cinema Club, Girl Scouts, Media Club, After School Program,
Fingers in Motion (Piano),
- Registration requirements: Birth Certificate Immunization Record Baptismal Certificate (if baptized, you don't need to be Catholic to attend) Grade 4-8 copy of standardized tests Grade 5-8 copy of state tests Grades 1-8 Copy of last report card
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RidgewoodGrades: NS-8 | 241 students
8405 78th Ave
Ridgewood, NY 11385
RidgewoodGrades: PK-8 | 294 students
61st St & Bleecker St
Ridgewood, NY 11385
GlendaleGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
6820 Myrtle Ave
Glendale, NY 11385
Rego ParkGrades: PK-8 | 297 students
8525 61st Rd
Rego Park, NY 11374
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 254 students
438 Grove St
Brooklyn, NY 11237
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.