Grades: K-8 | 392 students
Our rich curriculum offers many chances for students to tackle complex problems and engage in hands-on learning, like this student in robotics lab.
We make service and learning interdependent at St. Paul's. All students participate in year-long service projects, often with a buddy from another class. These students are planting butterfly habitat.
Our middle school prepares students academically and socially for the high school of their choice. We inspire our graduates to be generous and active citizens of the world.
Welcome to St. Paul's Episcopal School, an independent, co-educational K-8 school in Oakland, CA. Our school was founded in 1975 in the belief that a school must be actively engaged with its community.
We warmly welcome families and faculty members of all faiths and those who do not practice a faith.
Our mission: St. Paul's prepares students to be confident and skiled learners, cultivates in them a strong sense of purpose, and inspires them to be generous and active citizens of the world.
St. Paul`s is a leader in providing students with the experiences and skills they need to thrive in today`s world an excellent academic foundation, facility in confronting complex problems, and an appreciation of the richness of difference. Through instruction from our dedicated teachers, our students gain skill, purpose, and empathy.
St. Paul's students are sought by the top tier of high schools.
Thank you for getting to know us.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||392 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 6 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,140|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for K - 5th grade is $25,140; for 6th-8th grade it is $27,090. About 50% of our families receive tuition assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,322|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Start|
|Admissions Associate||Simrita Dhanjal|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Math, Band, Drama, Spanish Club, Student Council, Yearbook Advanced Math, Band, Drama, Spanish Club, Yearbook, Student Council,
- St. Paul's Episcopal School provides an education that is intellectually challenging and morally enriching. The School enrolls students from widely diverse cultural, religious, family, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds who are motivated to succeed and who, by the virtue of their character, will contribute to the life and spirit of the School. Students are admitted on the basis of academic and social skills, developmental readiness, past school experience, recommendations and character. Kindergarten and sixth grade are primary entry points into the school.
- Our successful approach is based on three principles:
- 1. Supporting students as fearless learners is the best path to academic rigor.
- Through thoughtful cultivation of the social-emotional growth of our students, we create a supportive community where students approach academic, intellectual, and personal challenges with confidence and courage.
- 2. We make service and learning interdependent.
- Our students engage in long-term service projects every year they are here. We help them understand the importance of serving their community and caring for the planet. Their projects reinforce lessons from the classroom, which helps them see first-hand why what they`re learning is important.
- 3. Deeper learning can be achieved by harnessing the power of diversity.
- St. Paul`s is one of the most racially and socio-economically diverse independent schools in the nation, and we nurture open and empathetic exploration of cultural, spiritual, and individual differences. Research has shown that a diverse student population fuels critical thinking and results in academic excellence.
- Recent high school acceptances included Bentley, Bishop O' Dowd, College Preparatory School, Head-Royce, International High School, and Lick-Wilmerding. Our young graduates have gone on to college at Stanford, Dartmouth, Wesleyan, Rice, Spelman, the University of California at Berkeley and many other excellent schools.
- The St. Paul`s Admissions process begins in the fall prior to the planned year of attendance. The applications process has three required steps: A tour of the School, the completion of an application, and an assessment. For details, please visit our website: https://www.spes.org/Admissions/Overview. We look forward to getting to know your family; please come for a tour of our school to learn more about us!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 306 students
360 42nd St
Oakland, CA 94609
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-8 | 385 students
3245 Sheffield Avenue
Oakland, CA 94602
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 324 students
2890 Middlefield Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94306
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.