- Summit View School offers comprehensive elementary, middle and secondary school programs for students with learning differences.
- An innovative and integrated curriculum, coupled with small class size and high teacher to student ratio, enables students to experience academic success.
- Based on each student's learning profile, an individual instructional plan is designed to maximize his/her learning.
- This instructional plan incorporates best practices, which are based on current research, and is re-assessed on an ongoing basis.
- Learning comes alive through classroom and small group participatory, interactive, hands-on, multisensory instruction in a stimulating and motivating environment.
- At Summit View, students are given the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential, prepare for post-secondary education, and experience success in the workplace.
- The Elementary School concentrates on the acquisition of knowledge in the language arts, reading, mathematics, perceptual, and motor domains.
- As the students progress, they begin to apply their basic skills in a variety of learning contexts and continue to develop the fundamental academic building blocks.
- In the Middle School, students build on their repertoire of basic skills.
- The strengthening of students' organization, time management, critical thinking skills and work habits are integral components of the program.
- In the High School, the curriculum focuses on the student's integration, synthesis and application of their individual learning styles and the knowledge they have acquired.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Valley VillageGrades: K-12 | 1108 students
4533 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
BurbankGrades: 4-12 | 98 students
755 N. Whitnall Hwy
Burbank, CA 91505
Mission HillsGrades: 9-12 | 1634 students
11111 Alemany Dr
Mission Hills, CA 91345
NorthridgeGrades: 6-12 | 20 students
9535 Aldea Avenue
Northridge, CA 91325
Panorama CityGrades: 9-12 | 615 students
13967 Roscoe Blvd
Panorama City, CA 91402
This school has been the best for my son. His self esteem rose after the first week! The teachers are well aware of how to help these kids succeed with new technology and different teaching techniques. The art classes are terrific. The yearly musical is amazing and there is a verity of after school sports.
- Posted by Parent - Cmoli