Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
The Academy of Our Lady of Peace is a private, Catholic school with students in grades Pre-K3 through 8, located in New Providence, New Jersey in the Archdiocese of Newark.
Founded in 1954, The Academy of Our Lady of Peace offers its students a top quality education in a faith-based environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia and mild learning differences|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,400|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts may apply for parishioners and families with multiple children.|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Joel A. Castillo Ed.S|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Tina McDonough|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Enrichment K-8, Cub Scouts, Forensics Team, Girl Scouts, Instrumental Music, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper Club, Robotics Team, School Youth Choir, Student Ambassadors, Student Council Government, Yearbook Club Cub Scouts, Forensics Team, Girl Scouts, Newspaper Club, Robotics Team, Yearbook Club, After School Enrichment K-8,
National Junior Honor Society,
School Youth Choir,
Student Council Government,
- Academy Excellence!
- - We are consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the Archdiocese of Newark with standardized test scores well above the national and local percentiles.
- - Our graduates attend the most prestigious preparatory high schools.
- - Personalized, nurturing and individualized instruction provided by an outstanding faculty with low student to faculty ratio.
- - We offer a full day Kindergarten and full day and half day Pre-K 3 & 4 year-old programs.
- - State of the art Science and Computer labs enhance our student learning.
- - Before Care and After Care available on school premises.
- The Academy Extras!
- - The latest technology
- - Spanish Language Instruction
- - Latin Instruction for grades 7 & 8
- - Technology advanced Science lab
- - Special Services through Union County include: ESL, Speech Therapy, Basic Skills, and Child Study Team Testing
- Our extra curricular activities include:
- - Basketball, Volleyball, Track & Field, and Cross Country
- - Instumental Music
- - Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- - Robotics Team
- -Student Council Government
- - Forensics
- - Yearbook
- Visit our website at www.TheAcademyOLP.org
Profile last updated: 08/17/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WestfieldGrades: PK-8 | 358 students
336 1st Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
DenvilleGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
Denville, NJ 07834
Morris PlainsGrades: PK-8
238 Speedwell Avenue
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
PlainfieldGrades: PK-5 | 353 students
401 Greenbrook Rd
Plainfield, NJ 07063
SummitGrades: PK-12 | 633 students
42 Norwood Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.