Grades: K-8 | 90 students
A San Diego independent school offering a premier academic program for students in kindergarten, elementary school, and middle school. At TCPS, students experience a creative and dynamic academic environment that promotes individual success and a love for learning within a close-knit private school community.
Our small class sizes (up to 14 students per grade), dedicated teachers (90% have advanced degrees), and creative academic program make TCPS the best small San Diego private school.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||$15,000 for K-5; $16,800 for 6-8|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alyssa Ballard|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Art Classes, Chess, Chorus for Grades 1-3, Chorus for Grades 4-8, Drama, Engineering and Robotics, Music Memory, Science Exploration, Spanish Language Classes, Woodworking, Yoga Art, Art Classes, Chess, Drama, Music Memory, Woodworking, Yoga, Chorus for Grades 1-3,
Chorus for Grades 4-8,
Engineering and Robotics,
Spanish Language Classes,
- The Child's Primary School offers a consistent curriculum, beginning with the kindergarten program and culminating in eighth-grade graduation. This success-oriented program was designed to be supportive and challenging, and to focus on teaching the student how to learn so the students can continue to learn effectively beyond TCPS.
- Students feel safe to take risks in an atmosphere that nurtures their self-esteem and teaches responsibility for their own actions. Inherent in our program is a celebration of the wonders of life and the excitement of learning. In-depth learning is encouraged, allowing for an exploration of both the abstract (theoretical) and concrete (hands-on) aspects of a subject. In addition to the acquisition of excellent academic skills, The Child's Primary School promotes the learning of life skills (such as communication and problem solving) and developing positive interpersonal relationships amongst the students and the staff.We believe that a family should have a role in a child's school. Therefore, we welcome our students' whole family and consider them an important addition to the school.
- We guide each and every decision - whether it be in regard to curriculum, fundraising, or admission policy - by our basic values and philosophy... the child is primary.
- Sign up for a tour today at: http://tcps.org/the-childs-primary-school-admissions/schedule-tour/ and we'll be in touch within 48 hours to get you scheduled.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
La JollaGrades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
San DiegoGrades: PK-12 | 1227 students
6501 Linda Vista Rd
San Diego, CA 92111
San DiegoGrades: NS-12 | 346 students
3547 Altadena Ave.
San Diego, CA 92105
San DiegoGrades: K-6 | 151 students
3975 Torrington Street
San Diego, CA 92130
San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 464 students
4605 Point Loma Ave
San Diego, CA 92107
|5.0 Stars 06/03/16|
After extensively researching all of our public, charter, and private school options, we toured TCPS and were immediately drawn to the school because of it's "tight knit community" feel and it's small class sizes. We saw each child getting one on one attention, and knew that is what we wanted for our daughter. We did not want her to "fly under the radar" in a large public school, but instead wanted her to be around teachers that personally knew her as an individual, rather than just another kindergartner. Hands-on learning was also very important to us. TCPS has been everything we have hoped it would be! She loves going to school every day, and feels safe and happy. The educational experience she is getting is uniquely personalized while being fun at the same time and is far superior, in our opinion, to anything she would be getting at other schools. And no other school can even come close to having the community feel that we feel at TCPS. Every teacher on campus knows our daughter by name, and it's so rewarding to watch her interact with the older kids as well as her own classmates. As kindergarten parents we are very impressed that one school can offer everything we had hoped for for our daughter, and more. We look forward to many more rewarding years at TCPS!
- Posted by Parent - kynad
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
TCPS is a great school. The academics are strong, but that isn't why we send our kids here. It's the small, community feel, the social emotional curriculum, and the caring atmosphere. Our kids are getting a top notch education, but they don't feel stressed. Because the school is small, the kids have a lot of opportunity to mingle with kids across ages, and they literally do know all the kids in the school in every grade. They also know all the teachers. The school fosters a real sense of community and family, and teaches kids not just how to be good students, but how to be good people. Most important of all the kids love it. When people ask my kids what they love most about their school they say, without hesitation: EVERYTHING!!!
- Posted by Parent - akqui
|5.0 Stars 05/21/12|
TCPS is THE school we were looking for. My son is thriving there. We have been with them for 3 years now. And my daughter will be going to K next year at TCPS. We could not ask for anything more in a school. They have a great philosophy and they are what they say they are. The teachers are awesome, loving and caring. One on one attention is great due to small class size of 12 students per class. My son does not want to leave school when I go to pick him up. After school daycare is great too. Very creative activities in after school daycare for the kids to be busy. Best part about TCPS is that - My son is excited to go to school every single day!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - dipsb
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.