Grades: K-8 | 90 students
A San Diego independent school offering a premier academic program for students in kindergarten, elementary school, and middle school. At TCPS, students experience a creative and dynamic academic environment that promotes individual success and a love for learning within a close-knit private school community.
Our small class sizes (up to 14 students per grade), dedicated teachers (90% have advanced degrees), and creative academic program make TCPS the best small San Diego private school.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||$15,000 for K-5; $16,800 for 6-8|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Alyssa Ballard|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Art Classes, Chess, Chorus for Grades 1-3, Chorus for Grades 4-8, Drama, Engineering and Robotics, Music Memory, Science Exploration, Spanish Language Classes, Woodworking, Yoga Art, Art Classes, Chess, Drama, Music Memory, Woodworking, Yoga, Chorus for Grades 1-3,
Chorus for Grades 4-8,
Engineering and Robotics,
Spanish Language Classes,
- The Child's Primary School offers a consistent curriculum, beginning with the kindergarten program and culminating in eighth-grade graduation. This success-oriented program was designed to be supportive and challenging, and to focus on teaching the student how to learn so the students can continue to learn effectively beyond TCPS.
- Students feel safe to take risks in an atmosphere that nurtures their self-esteem and teaches responsibility for their own actions. Inherent in our program is a celebration of the wonders of life and the excitement of learning. In-depth learning is encouraged, allowing for an exploration of both the abstract (theoretical) and concrete (hands-on) aspects of a subject. In addition to the acquisition of excellent academic skills, The Child's Primary School promotes the learning of life skills (such as communication and problem solving) and developing positive interpersonal relationships amongst the students and the staff.We believe that a family should have a role in a child's school. Therefore, we welcome our students' whole family and consider them an important addition to the school.
- We guide each and every decision - whether it be in regard to curriculum, fundraising, or admission policy - by our basic values and philosophy... the child is primary.
- Sign up for a tour today at: http://tcps.org/the-childs-primary-school-admissions/schedule-tour/ and we'll be in touch within 48 hours to get you scheduled.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
La JollaGrades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
San DiegoGrades: PK-12 | 1227 students
6501 Linda Vista Rd
San Diego, CA 92111
San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 216 students
4544 Pocahontas Avenue
San Diego, CA 92117
EncinitasGrades: K-8 | 300 students
141 S Rancho Santa Fe Road
Encinitas, CA 92024
San DiegoGrades: NS-12 | 346 students
3547 Altadena Ave.
San Diego, CA 92105