Grades: PK-6 | 155 students
We have a 1:1 ratio of technology to student in each classroom. PreK-3rd grade all have iPads. 4th-6th graders have Chromebooks.
- The Covenant School believes that children are best prepared for the future by an educational program that incorporates skills that are important to learning and working in the 21st century along with Truth that is timeless.
- So as they are learning to work collaboratively, to think critically, and be innovative, they are also learning Truth that has its roots in Scripture.
- Timeless Truths are incorporated into instruction in ways that allow children to recognize, at every turn, the nature of God and their relationship to Him.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Tuition Notes||2017-2018 Tuition K-6: $13,000 PreK 3 day: $4,800 PreK 5 day: $8,000|
|Admissions Director||Diana Apple|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Creative Dance, Drums, Journalism Club, Makers Club, Robotics, Sculpture and Art, Service Projects, So You Think You Can Improv, Student Council Choir, Creative Dance, Drums, Makers Club, Robotics, Journalism Club,
Sculpture and Art,
So You Think You Can Improv,
- Where 21st Centruy Learning Meets Timeless Truth
- Our children regardless of their calling in life, will be expected to be collaborative workers, innovative thinkers, and creative problem solvers who are culturally and digitally literate and who possess the traits of initiative, responsibility, flexibility, leadership, and self-direction. As members of an information-saturated culture, they must know how to both engage and ultimately shape that culture, and they need to be given the tools to do that well.
- At the same time, students must be equipped to see every sphere of life - regardless of the time to which they were born - as under God's authority and as saturated with messages of His love for them. They must be informed by Scripture and equipped to engage the inconsistencies, half-truths, and misinformation of this age. At The Covenant School, we engage the minds of our students as well as their hearts. Learning in the 21st century must reflect Truth in all its facets.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NashvilleGrades: PK-6 | 400 students
5035 Hillsboro Road
Nashville, TN 37215
3801 Hobbs Road
Nashville, TN 37215
NashvilleGrades: KG | 1 students
4608 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37220
NashvilleGrades: PK-12 | 1265 students
3901 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
NashvilleGrades: K-1 | 93 students
3420 Belmont Blvd
Nashville, TN 37215
Not only does this school teach my children about Jesus, but the academic level is above and beyond what I even expected . Not many people know about this school and I love that it's still a hidden jewel, outside the eyes of the masses. Hopefully it stays this quaint! I feel so blessed to have found this school. My children love the students and teachers, and we all felt welcome from the first day by the faculty and other parents. Seriously can't say enough good things about The Covenant School.
- Posted by Parent - Rygz
The education, love and team building atmosphere at The Covenant School is unmatched (in my opinion) to any parent desiring a Christ-centered daily education for your child. Our child has had two wonderful years growing in character, making friends for life, and recieving a stellar education with a staff that is committed to excellence EVERY DAY. When searching for the right school for our son, we chose Covenant not just for education(almost all of the teachers have Master's Degrees), but for the opportunities he would have in becoming involved there. Going into his third year, he will continue his cross-country running, and is looking forward to more extracurricular activites to choose from.
- Posted by Parent - abiga
The Covenant School is the best kept secret in Nashville. The teachers care so much about the children. They care about the children's academic growth and the growth of their hearts. There is no way to communicate the love my children have about getting up every morning and going to school. There has never been a day where they were not excited to see their freinds and their teachers at school. We have loved cross country, basketball and volleyball this past year. My oldest easily got into every school she applied for after her 6th grade year at Covenant. She was very prepared for middle school and I truly feel that Covenant prepared her for what a lovely young lady that she is now. What a blessing to have The Covenant School in our lives!!
- Posted by Parent - ginny
An affordable way to send our four children to a school with strong academics as well as a solid Christian world view. The small size creates a true community where everyone fits in. Our daughter had her pick of the private schools she applied to when she graduated.
- Posted by Parent - jbmom
We have 4 children at TCS and we LOVE it! One of my favorite things about our school is the compassion and love of Christ that the teachers and staff show to the children. My kids excel academically, but they also leave TCS with a heart for the Lord. We also love the Fine Arts Enrichment academy- our kids have taken both piano and guitar instruction. TCS is a special place!
- Posted by Parent - elise
We love, love, LOVE The Covenant School! We love the amazing teachers, the high quality education, the beautiful facility, the individual attention and love each child receives and the overall mission of the school. The Covenant School is a hidden gem, and we are so blessed to be a part of this amazing group of people.
- Posted by Parent - ginge
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.