|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||2030 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||222 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||29 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 14 / Jan. 28|
|Tuition Notes||K-12 tuition ranges from $32,870 to $43,692. Lunch included in Gr. 6-12 tuition. Extensive after-school programs included in all tuitions.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Danielle Holquin, Gr. 6-8|
|Admissions Associate||Diann Chung, K-Gr. 5|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- Since 2006, the first year it began entering these competitions, Harker has had 70 Intel Science Talent Search semi-finalists,10 finalists and two winners. (Harker's first upper school graduating class was in 2002.)
- Each year over 50% of students are recognized annually by the College Board in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- In 2007 Harker students represented the U.S. at the J8 Summit (a parallel youth event to the G8 Summit) in Germany.
- In the K-Gr. 8 program, 90% of the students participate in the comprehensive after-school program, which is included in tuition.
- Upper school students participate in CCS sports teams and dozens of clubs and social activities.
- The K-12 performing arts department has put on well over 200 performances in the past 10 years, and the elite upper school Harker Conservatory traveled to Edinburgh by invitation to perform at the 2007, 2011 and 2015 Fringe Festivals.
- In 2016, boys varsity golf took third in CCS and played in the state championships, Girls volleyball teams took second in state in 2007, and made CCS playoffs in 2013, the CCS semifinals in 2014 and 2015.
- In May 2015, the Harker upper school debate team was recognized by the Tournament of Champions (TOC) as a School of Excellence by the National Speech & Debate Association, as the team with the most success in all TOC events. In June 2015, the middle school team set a record by winning the Overall School of Excellence Award for the fourth time. This award, given by the National Speech & Debate Association, is presented to the top three teams in the country. It is the highest honor a middle school program can achieve.
Profile last updated: 06/07/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SunnyvaleGrades: 6-12 | 950 students
562 North Britton Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
San JoseGrades: 9-12 | 1604 students
960 W Hedding St
San Jose, CA 95126
Redwood CityGrades: 6-12 | 795 students
50 Valparaiso Ave
Redwood City, CA 94027
Pebble BeachGrades: PK-12 | 732 students
3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
PasadenaGrades: KG-12 | 859 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106