Grades: 11-12 | 71 students
The Oxbow School is a single-semester art and academically focused school for high school juniors, seniors, and gap-year students in beautiful Napa, CA. At Oxbow students are immersed in an environment of critical thinking and creative problem solving that prepares them for life after high school.
Students come from all over the country and internationally to learn from our distinguished faculty and world-renowned visiting artists. Students stay on track for high school gradutaion and take a full courselaod of honors academics while emersing themselves in the arts.
Oxbow has a popular summer camp for ages 13-16.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 11-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Oxbow School is a single-semester art and academically focused school for high school juniors and seniors in beautiful Napa, CA. At Oxbow students are immersed in an environment of critical thinking and creative problem solving that prepares them for life after high school. Students come from all over the country and internationally to learn from our distinguished faculty and world-renowned visiting artists.
- At Oxbow we believe that immersive studio art practice and direct contact with artists are potent ways to engage students at this moment in their lives. Studio practice is not about waiting for inspiration; artists create problems, and then solve them, all along the way responding to materials that re-shape the originating question-and in so doing, opening new ideas and possibilities. Students leave Oxbow with the acquisition and ownership of a 'tool-kit' of skills that can be reconfigured to meet the challenges of ever-changing goals and environments.
- The Oxbow curriculum is designed to fulfill the requirements of the nation's best public and private high schools and is as much about academics as it is about art making. All of the courses at Oxbow are fully accredited and are honors level and college preparatory.
- Oxbow has a popular Summer Art Camp for ages 13-16.
Profile last updated: 08/04/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NapaGrades: K-12 | 149 students
2201 Pine St
Napa, CA 94559
AngwinGrades: 9-12 | 86 students
One Angwin Ave.
Angwin, CA 94508
NapaGrades: K-12 | 103 students
2055 Redwood Rd.
Napa, CA 94558
NapaGrades: 1-12 | 40 students
1600 F Street
Napa, CA 94559
I am a proud alum of OS 14- ten years later and Oxbow has continued to make impact my life, both personally and in my career. Oxbow provides a kind of education that never expires.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Rmans
We are so grateful for the Oxbow School for providing an environment where students feel safe to delve into subject areas deeply, to look outward with an open mind, inward with introspection, and to create, thoughtfully! Our daughter had an incredible semester there (OS34, Spring 2016, second semester Junior Year). She really pushed her own boundaries, and grew so much in maturity and confidence as a result. Before the Oxbow experience, she wasn't sure about what direction or what colleges she want to apply to; but after the Oxbow School, she has become more certain of what she wants. Oxbow is like a little piece of paradise, thanks to the incredibly nurturing and supportive staff and environment, not to mention the amazing food cooked with love! I highly recommend the Oxbow School to any young person who feels that the conventional school environment doesn't satisfy them, and that they are yearning for more "learning that's not divided into 7 period days."
- Posted by Parent - karen
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.