- Shipley is a coeducational PreK-12 college preparatory day school in the western suburbs of Philadelphia.
- Shipley is committed to inspiring and preparing each of our students to live a life of purpose: to grow intellectually, act compassionately, and lead courageously.
- Shipley upholds and promotes moral integrity, a sense of personal achievement, and worth and concern for others at School and in the larger community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||142 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See the School Website|
|Admissions Director||Amy Clemons|
|Admissions Associate||Sylvia Spector|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Crew, Cross Country,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Creative Writing Club, DECA, Environmental Club, Film Club, Food Club, GSA, Gardening Club, International Club, Investment Club, Math Club, Media Club, Newspaper, Ping Pong Club, Political Debate Club, Puzzle Club, Random Acts of Kindness, Reading Club, Science Olympiad, Student Government, Yearbook, Yoga Club Chess Club, DECA, Film Club, Food Club, GSA, Gardening Club, Math Club, Media Club, Newspaper, Ping Pong Club, Puzzle Club, Reading Club, Yearbook, Yoga Club, Creative Writing Club,
Political Debate Club,
Random Acts of Kindness,
- The Shipley School, a Pre-Kindergarten through 12 coeducational day school in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, is committed to educational excellence and dedicated to developing in each student a love of learning and a compassionate participation in the world. Through a strong college preparatory curriculum in the humanities and sciences, the school encourages curiosity, creativity, and respect for intellectual effort. Shipley upholds and promotes moral integrity, a sense of personal achievement and worth, and concern for others at school and in the larger community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 560 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
HaverfordGrades: PK-12 | 981 students
450 Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
Newtown SquareGrades: PK-12 | 835 students
462 Malin Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073
Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 1109 students
340 Morris Rd
Fort Washington, PA 19034
WynnewoodGrades: PK-12 | 890 students
1101 City Ave
Wynnewood, PA 19096
I am so happy I had the opportunity to spend my high school years at Shipley. I was incredibly well prepared for college and throughout my time at Shipley, I grew a tremendous amount academically, athletically, and as a leader. I am truly grateful for my Shipley experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - H S
As a Shipley graduate, I can say with confidence that the school went above and beyond in preparing me for college. I felt this most strongly in my first college-level writing class - for most of my classmates, the switch from high school to college writing was a major hurdle, but I was able to go in feeling confident in my abilities thanks to Shipley's English program.But to me, the true value Shipley is in its community. I have been a part of the Shipley family since 2009 when I joined as a sophomore. Shortly after, I was faced with a major health issue. All is well now, but the support I saw as a near-stranger is something I am forever thankful for, and I have continued to find this level of caring among the community as my relationship with the school has evolved from that of student to that of alumna. I have seen in Shipley a school that nurtures students not only academically, but also personally, and I can think of no better place to be a part of.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Giselle B.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.