Grades: 1-12 | 266 students
- Tobinworld is a non-profit school for children and young adults with behavior problems.
- Typically students have been classified as severely emotionally disabled, autistic or developmentally disabled.
- Tobinworld seeks to impart to each student the skills and behaviors he or she needs in order to live as happy, normal and productive a life as possible.
- The program philosophy integrates special education with behavioral psychology and carries out an individual behavior and academic program for each student.
- Medication is not used at Tobinworld for behavior problems.
- Instead, we address behavior problems with a consistent behavioral and educational program.
- Whenever feasible, our goal is to return the student to public school or to a competitive or sheltered work opportunity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WaterlooGrades: 9-12 | 293 students
3231 W 9th St
Waterloo, IA 50702
SchenectadyGrades: PK-5 | 296 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
GlendaleGrades: K-12 | 631 students
700 Kimlin Dr
Glendale, CA 91206
Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 321 students
701 N Spring Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63108
Madison HeightsGrades: 9-12
32000 Campbell Road
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Tobinworld received the highest praise from the California Department of Education in 2012. The CDE notes that Tobinworld provides excellent vocational opportunities for students of all abilities, a strong Academy program for diploma track students, and an excellent behavior program for students with autism. The CDE states that Tobinworld is the "Best Non-Public School in California."
- Posted by Administrator - c.lou
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.