Grades: 1-12 | 266 students
- Tobinworld is a non-profit school for children and young adults with behavior problems.
- Typically students have been classified as severely emotionally disabled, autistic or developmentally disabled.
- Tobinworld seeks to impart to each student the skills and behaviors he or she needs in order to live as happy, normal and productive a life as possible.
- The program philosophy integrates special education with behavioral psychology and carries out an individual behavior and academic program for each student.
- Medication is not used at Tobinworld for behavior problems.
- Instead, we address behavior problems with a consistent behavioral and educational program.
- Whenever feasible, our goal is to return the student to public school or to a competitive or sheltered work opportunity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WaterlooGrades: 9-12 | 293 students
3231 W 9th St
Waterloo, IA 50702
SchenectadyGrades: PK-5 | 296 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
GlendaleGrades: K-12 | 631 students
700 Kimlin Dr
Glendale, CA 91206
Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 321 students
701 N Spring Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63108
Madison HeightsGrades: 9-12
32000 Campbell Road
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Tobinworld received the highest praise from the California Department of Education in 2012. The CDE notes that Tobinworld provides excellent vocational opportunities for students of all abilities, a strong Academy program for diploma track students, and an excellent behavior program for students with autism. The CDE states that Tobinworld is the "Best Non-Public School in California."
- Posted by Administrator - c.lou
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.