- Founded in 1907, Trinity-Pawling School is an all-boys college preparatory school located in Pawling, New York. The school serves 300 boys in grades 7-12 and offers a postgraduate program. The goal of a Trinity-Pawling education is to unlock the potential for greatness that exists in each boy.
- The School pursues this goal through a vigorous learning environment that emphasizes innovation, creativity, and critical thinking.
- A growing commitment to project-based and experiential learning acknowledges the research that has identified learning paradigms that prove to be successful for boys.
- A camaraderie of "brotherhood" is enhanced by the mutuality of a family of educators and students who are dedicated to building a culture of excellence and a commitment to honor. The Trinity-Pawling learning experience combines a timeless commitment to character with a dedication to prepare young men for an ever-changing world.
- One of the School`s most distinctive attributes is its signatory Effort System, which began 45 years ago.
- Each boy at Trinity-Pawling is recognized and assessed in terms of the effort he devotes to a given endeavor: academics, athletics, dormitory responsibilities, civic engagement, attendance, and extracurricular programs.
- The learning objective inherent in this ethos of effort is to teach young people that the more they invest of themselves the greater their accomplishments will be.
- The Effort System, then, becomes a pervasive characteristic of a boy`s experience at Trinity-Pawling. Trinity-Pawling offers over 100 academic courses and 18 AP courses, interscholastic competition in 13 sports within the highly competitive New England Founders League, and a myriad of extracurricular activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language Based Program for Mild Learning Differences/Executive Skills Program|
|Total Students||292 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language, AP French Literature, AP Latin Literature, AP Latin: Vergil, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Jacket and tie for classes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$56,500|
|Tuition Notes||Boarding $56,500 Day (9-12) $40,000 Middle School (7-8 Day only) $27,250|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$25,000|
|Admissions Director||JP Burlington|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Heinrich|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acolytes & Vergers, Asian Club, Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Community Service, Computer Club, Computer Repair, Deans Assistants, Diversity Club, Dorm Proctors, Drama Club, International Club, Investment Club, Life Skills, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, Newspaper, Outdoor Club, Photography, Ping Pong Club, Snowboarding, String Music Club, Student Activities, Student Government, Student Publications, Student Senate, The Green Team, Theater, Trinitones, Ultimate Frisbee, Weightlifting, Yearbook Asian Club, Astronomy Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Diversity Club, Dorm Proctors, Drama Club, Life Skills, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, Newspaper, Outdoor Club, Photography, Ping Pong Club, Snowboarding, Student Senate, The Green Team, Theater, Trinitones, Weightlifting, Yearbook, Acolytes & Vergers,
String Music Club,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
AmeniaGrades: 6-12 | 100 students
5142 Route 22
Amenia, NY 12501
AmeniaGrades: 2-12 | 91 students
425 Morse Hill Road
Amenia, NY 12501
Cornwall On HudsonGrades: 8-12 | 175 students
314 Mountain Road
Cornwall On Hudson, NY 12520
LakevilleGrades: PK-9 | 249 students
211 Indian Mountain Road
Lakeville, CT 06039