Grades: K-5 | 450 students
Valley Christian Schools, in San Jose, California, was founded in 1960 and has grown into one of the largest independent K-12 Christian school systems in the United States.
Accredited by both ACSI and WASC, Valley Christian takes pride in its top-notch facilities that are among the finest in California—two campuses, an extensive sports complex, and the 46,000 square foot Conservatory of the Arts & Student Life Center.
Its unique Kidservatory of the Arts program provides opportunities for students passionate about music, theatre, dance, visual arts to work closely with top faculty to reach great heights of success. The Discover AMSE (Applied Math, Science and Engineering Institute) allows students of high ability to enjoy unique challenges, including competitive math opportunities. All of these programs move naturally into the junior high and high school where students abilities peak in some of the most innovative programs available anywhere.
The Little Warriors athletic program bring high school atheles down to our elementary campus to host sports clinics and teach sportsmanship and teamwork.
Daily Bible classes at every grade level and weekly chapel services give students a loving environment in which to learn more about the Christian faith, and to become excited about the eternal perspective Jesus Christ brings to their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,810|
|Tuition Notes||Half day kinder is $10,537.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Scott Wessling|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Furr|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||A Stitch Of Mine, Card Making, Critical Thinking, Junior Cheerleading, Kid Lead, KidLead leadership skills development, Kidservatory, Lego Club--Lego Story Starter, Lego Club--Wedo, Little Warrior Athletics, Robotics, Schmahl Science, Young Authors Workshop Card Making, Kid Lead, Kidservatory, Robotics, A Stitch Of Mine,
KidLead leadership skills development,
Lego Club--Lego Story Starter,
Little Warrior Athletics,
Young Authors Workshop,
- Valley Christian Elementary School additionally benefits from all the award-winning programs throughout the upper and middle school campuses being integrated into special hands-on science learning, AMSE enrichment curriculum, and conservatory training, and Little Warrior sports opportunities for students in grades K-5 (please read below for more info on these programs). Daily Bible classes, weekly chapel services and many community service events give students a loving environment in which to learn more about the Christian faith, and to become excited about the eternal perspective Jesus Christ brings to their lives.A special Student Support program at all campuses is available for students with diagnosed learning challenges. Families are encouraged to learn more about Valley Christian Schools’ remarkable programs and dynamic, loving faculty through www.vcs.net.
- At VCES, highly qualified faculty and staff foster a caring learning environment that is patient, encouraging, and tailored to the unique needs of each and every student. Teachers challenge students at their individual levels of learning through differentiated instruction, project-based learning, and the most up-todate and effective digital learning tools. Our curriculum is designed to meet and exceed California state standards in the various academic disciplines. The core academic program includes Bible, reading, language, writing, math, science, and social studies. This curriculum is supplemented by our extensive offering of pull-out classes and after-school programs.
- Some Academic Spotlights. VCES participated in the Math Olympiad Competition for the second year in a row. This competition allows students in grades fourth through sixth to compete against others in their age group from schools around the world. The fourth grade team learns problemsolving techniques and becomes acclimated to the types of competition problems, while the fifth grade team’s practice builds upon experience from the previous year. For the second straight year, the fifth grade team received a National High Achievement Award for amassing a total score in the 20% of all teams worldwide. One of our very own VCES students was one of only 220 students out of 86,000 participants to earn the prestigious Dr. George Lenchner Medallion, awarded for a perfect score of 25 out of 25 questions correct for the entire competition. That places her in the top 0.25% of all students who participated.
- iPad Pilot Program: We believe in using the most effective digital learning tools. All teachers use iPads as an interactive instructional tool and in the fall of 2012, two classrooms introduced a 1:1 iPad program. Plans are underway for VCES to be an iPad campus in fall 2013.
- AMSE Science. The foundation of the Applied Mathematics, Science, and Engineering (AMSE) Institute at VCS is located at elementary school. Junior high and high school AMSE students visit the elementary campus throughout the year to mentor students in small groups, integrating AMSE Science with the excitement of learning from some of the upper level Skyway Campus’ most gifted AMSE students. Sample lessons include discovering acids and bases, Newton’s Laws of Motion, animal adaptations, and exploring your DNA. Additionally, AMSE science brings in outside experts in the fields of applied math, science, and engineering. Students enjoy yearly visits from the high school International Space Station (ISS) team.
- Artistic Beauty. Artistic instruction is an integral part of the day-today school program. Each class meets with a music teacher for weekly general lessons, and by 4th grade, each student has the opportunity to take lessons in the instrument of their choice. The instrumental instruction is part of a pull-out program during the regular school day, and different musical groups perform several times a year at events throughout the community. Our students have the wonderful opportunity to enjoy the arts after school through the Kidservatory program. Music, art, theatre, and dance classes are taught by experienced Conservatory faculty from the high school, with exciting offerings such as Musical Theatre, Fun with Drums, Heavenly Harps, and Dance Express just a few of the many after school enrichment classes offered on the Leigh campus.
- Athletic Distinction. Little Warrior Nation is an exciting opportunity for our students to learn the basics of a wide variety of sports from some of best coaches and high school athletes in the state of California. VCHS coaches and athletes travel to the elementary to share devotions, testimonies, and lessons on effort, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Each Little Warrior is paired with a big buddy in the high school who prays for them and sends special gifts or notes of encouragement. The “Inside Look” special event allows each Little Warrior the chance to sit on the bench with high school athletes at a game of their choice. Through the Little Warrior Nation, elementary students learn firsthand what it means to be a spirited Valley Christian Warrior.
Profile last updated: 07/30/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CampbellGrades: PK-8 | 287 students
1300 Sheffield Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
San JoseGrades: PK-8 | 191 students
1980 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
San JoseGrades: K-6 | 21 students
2350 Leigh Ave
San Jose, CA 95124
CampbellGrades: K | 37 students
995 Apricot Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
San JoseGrades: PK-12 | 99 students
1730 Curtner Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.