Grades: PK-10 | 46 students
- Our mission is to provide a place where children can be instructed academically, morally and spiritually, thus educating the whole child in the sphere and context of the Lord`s Word.
- We strive to work closely with parents and friends of the Washington New Church to help each child grow to achieve his or her personal potential.
- Our unique understanding of the Bible and spiritual life is our platform for achieving this, and we have a history of outstanding results, including standardized testing scores far above national averages.
- We welcome interested families to learn about our New Church beliefs which are the foundation of the educational philosophy and atmosphere of our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(polo and fleece w/logo, black or khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 30 / Aug. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Johns|
|Admissions Associate||Bonnie Cowley|
- The School offers a comprehensive curriculum from Junior Kindergarten through Tenth Grade. In addition to the standard academic courses we also teach: Religious studies, visual and performance arts, computer technology, languages, music, and physical education. Our forty years of academic experience has shown that our multi-grade classrooms and family atmosphere have given our students the tools they need to perform at a very high level both in our school and in others to which they may transfer.
- In order to ensure that our New Church School Curriculum incorporates national standards and current methods we invite Master Teachers from our organization's head office to evaluate our school and staff. We administer the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Cognitive Abilities Test to monitor our students' national rankings. We consistently score well above the national standards for each grade.
- Let us at The Washington New Church School combine proven academic excellence with moral and spiritual values to help your child develop into a happy and successful adult.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
BowieGrades: K-12 | 36 students
Po Box 796
Bowie, MD 20718
College ParkGrades: NS-8 | 201 students
4720 Cherokee Street
College Park, MD 20740
BowieGrades: NS-8 | 171 students
5004 Randonstone Lane
Bowie, MD 20715
BowieGrades: K-8 | 295 students
7210 Race Track Rd
Bowie, MD 20715
Two of my kids go to this school and are very happy. They get lots of individual attention and it's great to see them succeed academically. I like the family feeling and spiritual foundations. Favorite moments include seeing older kids looking out for younger kids. Thanks WNCS!
- Posted by Parent - becca
All of my children attended WNCS and many of my grandchildren attend today. Great loving, caring, Christian environment paired with top notch academics.
- Posted by Parent - ycowl
Excellent school! Caring and hard working teachers. Wonderful curriculum and amazing staff. They are hosting an open house on February 15th at 7pm. Go check it out!
- Posted by Parent - whale
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.