Grades: NS-12 | 787 students
- Within an exponetially changing world, Wyoming Seminary dares to teach our students to honor and strive for the true, the beautiful and the good.
- As a college preparatory school, Wyoming Seminary seeks to create active learners, responsible citizens, community leaders and ethical individuals ready to take their place in the global community of the 21st century.
- True to our traditions and our values, Wyoming Seminary is committed to supporting promising students from varied backgrounds.
- Our curriculum emphasizes competition and collaboration, critical thinking and creativity, self-respect and respect for others.
- We challenge our students to discover their talents and their passions by offering an integrated program rich in artistic, athletic, and extracurricular opportunities that complement the school's core commitment to academic excellence, personal integrity, spiritual growth and community service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||787 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art and Music History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Seminar in American Studies, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art-Design, AP Studio Art-Drawing, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1735|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,300|
|Tuition Notes||$51400 for boarding students|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Julie Bean|
|Admissions Associate||Gwyneth Hecht (domestic)|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||52 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Department Representatives, Baking Club, Blue Crew, Blue Key, Business Club, Chorale, Civic Orchestra, Coding Club, Community Service Group, Creative Writing Group, Dance, Disciplinary Council, Drama, Engineering Club, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French Club, Hacky Sack Club, Handbells, Honor Council, IT Club, Instrumental Music, International Club, Jazz Band, Library Advisory Board, Madrigal Singers, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Medical Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Moot Court, Nerdvana, Opinator--student newspaper, Orchestra, Peer group, Peer tutors, Philosophy Club, Photography Club, Resident Assistant, Russian Club, SAGE (Sexual and Gender Equality) Club, Science Olympiad, Science Research Group, Sem government, Spanish Club, Stage Crew, Student Activities Committee, TEDed, The Wyoming--yearbook, True Blue, Veterinary Club Baking Club, Blue Crew, Blue Key, Business Club, Chorale, Coding Club, Dance, Drama, French Club, Handbells, Honor Council, IT Club, Jazz Band, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Medical Club, Mock Trial, Moot Court, Nerdvana, Orchestra, Peer group, Peer tutors, Russian Club, Sem government, Spanish Club, Stage Crew, TEDed, True Blue, Academic Department Representatives,
Community Service Group,
Creative Writing Group,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Hacky Sack Club,
Library Advisory Board,
Model United Nations,
SAGE (Sexual and Gender Equality) Club,
Science Research Group,
Student Activities Committee,
- Wyoming Seminary's core values include passion for learning, leading and serving; integrity; respect; responsibility; and soundness of mind, body and spirit. The school is known for its unparelleled academics, where excellence is revered; its dynamic faculty, teachers inspiring students; unmatched diversity, where friendships overcome stereotypes; unrivaled arts, athletics and activities, in which interests become passions; and enviable outcomes--Sem transforms lives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KingstonGrades: PK-1 | 133 students
316 N Maple Ave
Kingston, PA 18704
South Abington TownshipGrades: PK-12 | 108 students
660 Griffin Pond Rd
South Abington Township, PA 18411
KingstonGrades: NS-8 | 318 students
1560 Wyoming Avenue
Kingston, PA 18704
FreelandGrades: 6-12 | 252 students
154 Centre St
Freeland, PA 18224
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.