Grades: PK-8 | 101 students
- Academy Hill School tailor each child's education to fit his own individual strengths and learning style.
- We build flexibility into our daily schedule to allow each student to work at his own pace, to accelerate as necessary and to have the opportunity to explore his personal areas of interest.
- We offer a very challenging curriculum, and we send our students the message that we believe that they are up to the challenge.
- The Academy Hill student is bright, curious, enthusiastic about learning, inquisitive, creative and motivated.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
National Association for the Gifted
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
- Academy Hill School tailors each child's education to fit his own individual strengths and learning style. We build flexibility into our daily schedule to allow each student to work at his own pace, to accelerate as necessary and to have the opportunity to explore his personal areas of interest. We offer a very challenging curriculum, and we send our students the message that we believe that they are up to the challenge. The Academy Hill student is bright, curious, enthusiastic about learning, inquisitive, creative and motivated.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpringfieldGrades: PK-12 | 292 students
965 Plumtree Road
Springfield, MA 01119
NorthamptonGrades: K-7 | 275 students
Gill Hall Prospect St
Northampton, MA 01063
WestfieldGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
533 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
AmherstGrades: NS-6 | 116 students
27 Pomeroy Ln
Amherst, MA 01002
SpringfieldGrades: K | 1 students
594 Cottage St
Springfield, MA 01104
Sending our son to Academy Hill was the best decision we ever made. Ryan was getting lost in the shuffle in his large, elementary school classroom, but ever since we made the switch to AHS he has blossomed! The small classroom size and nurturing environment has given him the confidence to actively engage in classroom activities - what a joy to see! The best part is that he is surrounded each and every day by other children who love to learn, and the spark it's ignited in Ryan will carry him throughout his academic life.
- Posted by Parent - lauri
I am so happy we found AHS. The school places a strong emphasis on nurturing the curiosity and intellect of the students. Because of the small class sizes, the teachers are able to tailor the curriculum to each child's ability and interests. For example, my son is given more challenging math problems because he has shown interest and skill. In addition, there are many fantastic after school programs that further enhance the learning experience. They range from fine arts to robotics. The kids are welcomed into a respectful environment that gives them the best opportunity to learn and grow.
- Posted by Parent - sbprp
We have been thrilled with Academy Hill. The teachers, administration and even the support staff are professional, responsive and caring. We felt like part of the Academy Hill family from the very first visit to the campus and our daughter has blossomed since moving to AHS from another local private school. We have been amazed at how well the faculty and staff communicate with us on a regular basis. The class sizes are very small, allowing for our daughter to have a very individualized experience. She is able to grow - intellectually, creatively, and socially - every day. We highly recommend Academy Hill for anyone looking for a exceptional educational experience.
- Posted by Parent - bcdim
Excellent school! Would highly recommend !!!! A +++
- Posted by Parent - balar
My daughter has been a student at Academy Hill School for the past 6 years and we have had a wonderful experience. The student/teacher ratio, curriculum, and individual attention given to each student are above and beyond what you will encounter in other schools. I would highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - btweg
I would highly recommend this school for any parent looking for an advanced curriculum and caring environment for their motivated child. I have 3 children that have attended Academy Hill and they are all well prepared for their future successes.
- Posted by Parent - wegs7
My child was always "a little ahead" but not way ahead. After only one year at Academy Hill School he grew so much. When he entered Kindergarten he could not read but was ahead in Math. By the end of the first grade he was doing third grade math and reading near third grade level. This is a credit to the teachers. They know how teach to the student and not just to the masses. I can not say enough about how good AHS is.
- Posted by Parent - ronny
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.