- The mission of Pioneer Valley Christian School is to offer a thorough Christian education, based on the inerrant and authoritative Word of God, with the ultimate goal of training students to love the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind.
- The school provides primarily a liberal arts curriculum, incorporating Christian standards of discipline and instruction with a continuous emphasis on Christian morals and ethics.
- The school strives for excellence by teaching a curriculum based on a Christ-centered view of life, providing qualified Christian faculty, and fostering obedience to God as the Sovereign Creator and source of all truth and knowledge.
- The school desires that students learn the relevancy of Christianity to our culture.
- It aspires to graduate students who are spiritually, academically, physically and socially mature and are prepared to invest their lives impacting society for the glory of God.
- The school, in partnership with its families, serves students in preschool through grade twelve residing predominantly in the Pioneer Valley and northern Connecticut.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language based or mild learning differences, intense program designed to stimulate students’ deficit areas in perception and cognition|
|Total Students||292 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Art History, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PVCA's tuition is based on operating costs, and each "school" within the Academy has a different tuition rate, e.g., the High School tuition is different than the Pre-K tuition. Please contact us at email@example.com or 413-782-8031 to inquire about t|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,480|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Denise Richards|
|Admissions Associate||Caroline Funchion|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Yearbook Drama, Yearbook,|
- The goal of PVCA is to develop our students to think critically, compassionately, and Christianly.
- PVCA offers a strong liberal arts education in order that our students acquire knowledge and college preparedness.
- PVCA offers God in each classroom in order that our students acquire wisdom.
- PVCA - "Intellectually Developed. Compassionately Inspired."
Profile last updated: 04/20/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilbrahamGrades: 6-12 | 425 students
423 Main Street
Wilbraham, MA 01095
WestfieldGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
533 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
SpringfieldGrades: PK-8 | 101 students
1190 Liberty St
Springfield, MA 01104
WestfieldGrades: K-9 | 99 students
866 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
SpringfieldGrades: NS-6 | 94 students
1524 Parker Street
Springfield, MA 01129