Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
- White Oak School is a grade 1 - 12 college-preparatory educational day program that provides strong and challenging academic services. Students receive instruction in small-group, language-based classes that focus on the sciences, mathematics, history/social studies, language arts, and oral expression.
- Each student also receives a daily, dedicated, one-to-one tutorial for 50 minutes in literacy and organizational skills.
- Our Speech and Language Pathologist offers consultative services to our teachers, communication support to our Oral Expression classes, and direct individual therapy to those students whose communication needs require such intervention. Various electives (woodworking, home economics, drama, art, photography, and pottery) help our students to explore and develop rich individual strengths and skills.
- In addition, White Oak School offers a variety of extracurricular activities including sports (soccer, basketball, cross-country, bowling, golfing, and ultimate disc), regular opportunities to participate in the Arts (Drama Club, Music Club, and Pottery Club), and an outdoor education program that offers adventures in hiking, kayaking, camping, and skiing.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Cross Country,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpringfieldGrades: 1-9 | 70 students
979 Dickinson Street
Springfield, MA 01108
SpringfieldGrades: PK-12 | 292 students
965 Plumtree Road
Springfield, MA 01119
ChicopeeGrades: 1-12 | 84 students
269 Moore St
Chicopee, MA 01013
SpringfieldGrades: PK-8 | 101 students
1190 Liberty St
Springfield, MA 01104
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.