Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
- The American Christian School is committed to a distinctively Christian approach to education.
- Its purpose is to present sound instruction and discipline in conformity with the Bible, the Word of God.
- The authority of God's Word is to permeate all teaching and be the basis for instruction and the development of both righteous actions and attitudes.
- The American Christian School's educational philosophy seeks to recognize God's revelation through His Word and His creation.
- We offer a classical and Christ-centered Education.
- American Christian School faculty members are carefully selected on the basis of Christian testimony and dedication as well as educational background and experience.
- The ACS teaching staff possesses Christian character, gifts and attitudes essential to the spiritual, intellectual, and physical development of the student.
- Please visit our website for more information and to learn about our special program for learning disabled children called the Arrowsmith Program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,150|
|Tuition Notes||High School tuition is $9000 PreK has different rates depending on number of full or half days attending|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,575|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ruth Weiss|
|Admissions Associate||Martine Rowe|
- The American Christian School is committed to a distinctively Christian approach to education. Its purpose is to present sound instruction and discipline in conformity with the Bible, the Word of God. The authority of God's Word is to permeate all teaching and be the basis for instruction and the development of both righteous actions and attitudes. The American Christian School's educational philosophy seeks to recognize God's revelation through His Word and His creation. We offer a classical and Christ-centered Education. American Christian School faculty members are carefully selected on the basis of Christian testimony and dedication as well as educational background and experience. The ACS teaching staff possesses Christian character, gifts and attitudes essential to the spiritual, intellectual, and physical development of the student. ACS is blessed to have the following individuals serving our families.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WhartonGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
345 S. Main St., Wharton, NJ
Wharton, NJ 07885
ParsippanyGrades: PK-12 | 163 students
Po Box 5365
Parsippany, NJ 07054
HawthorneGrades: PK-12 | 483 students
2000 Route 208
Hawthorne, NJ 07506
RockawayGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
40 E Main St
Rockaway, NJ 07866
DenvilleGrades: 9-12 | 413 students
200 Morris Ave
Denville, NJ 07834
ACS is an excellent school. My kids have been here since preschool and are now in high school. When given the choice to go elsewhere for high school, they chose to stay at ACS without hesitation. It is like a family or a second home. They never want to miss school or be late and they love staying after.
- Posted by Parent - df
ACS has been a tremendous blessing to our family. It truly is a place where you are welcomed & included in your child's education. They have an excellent teaching staff & classical curriculum & have recently acquired a full HS to 12th grade. They offer many extra curricular activities like Archery, Track, Basketball, Fencing & Golf. Above all things & most importantly everything is Christ-centered & you just know the Lord's hand is on this place. I couldn't ask for a better environment for my children!
- Posted by Parent - mjdj5
What an amazing school! Our kids thrive in this school. The classical system of teaching has produced amazing results. We are thankful that teachers and faculty care about developing our children's character and minds. This has been a delightful experience.
- Posted by Parent - gm
An amazing school staffed by talented teachers. Each of my children love going to this school. It has been a place where they are challenged academically, spiritually and socially. I believe my children will be better prepared to find success in college and in life because they have attended ACS.
- Posted by Parent - gm
American Christian School has been such a blessing to our family. My child is not just another number at ACS. She is part of a family that is fully invested in, not only her academics, but her emotional and social well being as well. It is my prayer that more families would consider ACS for their children.
- Posted by Parent - sassy
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.