1. Does one person have control over all of your accounting functions?
2. Are two signatures required on checks over a pre-determined amount - say, $500?
3. Are checks ever pre-signed?
4. Are your bank accounts consolidated so that your book keeping accurately reflects the school's true financial position?
5. Is there petty cash lying around?
6. Are different people assigned to the deposit and account reconciliation functions?
7. Do you have a purchase order system?
8. Does your committe review expenses and supporting vouchers carefully and frequently?
9. Does an outside auditor review your books annually?
10. Do you run background checks and speak to references before you hire?
Some schools find it difficult to implement standard business practices. Even when they do, they can find it even more difficult to stick to those practices. Be careful of the trusted old employee who's been there forever and resists your updated business procedures. Reassigning him or her to some other function and bringing
The Dymo 69110 LabelWriter 400 Turbo is the perfect companion for any professional who prints labels frequently. It is ideal for creating labels for envelopes, packages, files, barcodes, and even postage stamps. It has a sleek, compact design (it measures just 5 inches by 7 inches) and is easy to fit on a desk. Connecting to your computer via USB, the LabelWriter prints directly from most office-oriented programs, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, WordPerfect, ACT! and more. It is incredibly fast, as well, able to print up to 55 labels at 300 dpi per minute. It also uses no ink or toner, making it a low-maintenance solution for all your label-printing needs.
Now parents, teachers and students have to deal with cyber-security, stalkers, substance abuse, suicide and a host of other really tough issues. How does a school community cope with safety? Let's take a look.
Improve your communications
Improve your training
Hold seminars for every member of your community on the big issues such as sexual harrassment, hazing and bullying.