- Bloomfield Christian School, a classical Christian K-12 school, provides a classical liberal arts education that prepares students to be bold and obedient ambassadors for Christ.
- Students learn explicit phonics, cursive penmanship, math facts, and violin in Kindergarten.
- Science is taught with hands-on experiences.
- The average student reads one to two grade levels above the national norm because of our focus on phonics and reading.
- Latin instruction begins in 3rd grade.
- Students earn high school credit for math beginning in middle school.
- High school students take formal logic and rhetoric, and Bible instruction includes coursework in Hermeneutics and Apologetics.
- Students complete their high school experience by writing and defending a senior thesis and spending two weeks in Europe.
- BCS graduates consistently score well above average on the ACT and SAT and attend the colleges of their choice.
- More importantly students learn how to apply the tools of learning to all disciplines of study through the lens of a Biblical worldview.
- Students are prepared to excel as disciples, scholars, and citizens.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet, Chess, Orchestra, Robotics Ballet, Chess, Orchestra, Robotics,|
- Bloomfield Christian School is a K through 12th grade, interdenominational, classical-curriculum school founded in 1994. The mission of Bloomfield Christian School is to teach children Biblical truths and classical academics from a Christian worldview so they may serve as bold and obedient ambassadors for Jesus Christ. BCS students are prepared to excel as disciples, scholars, and citizens.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Auburn HillsGrades: NS-12 | 528 students
3075 Shimmons Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Orchard LakeGrades: 9-12 | 475 students
3535 Indian Trl
Orchard Lake, MI 48324
BirminghamGrades: 1-12 | 174 students
1755 E Melton Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
TroyGrades: K-12 | 294 students
2601 John R Rd
Troy, MI 48083
RochesterGrades: PK-12 | 293 students
3300 S Livernois Rd
Rochester, MI 48307
Our daughter attended from 6th grade through 12th. We absolutely adored BCS. Two years out and we still talk about BCS constantly, cherishing all of the good memories, teachers and families. Definitely one of the best experiences of our lives.
- Posted by Parent - Dad
There are so many things that make BCS such a great school. I graduated from there after attending for 8 years, and I couldn't have asked for a better high school experience. I was challenged academically, and I was taught to think critically and interpret ideas and experiences through a biblical worldview. I also formed the greatest relationships with my teachers and classmates. I was very well prepared academically, socially and spiritually for the college education I am now receiving.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - britt
I have four children at CLA, all of whom have been enrolled at CLA since kindergarten. My oldest is now in 11th grade. We are extraordinarily pleased with CLA for several reasons. First and foremost, this is a devoutly Christian school where teachers instruct the students in the Scripture not just in the Bible classes but also in all the other subjects so as to develop a strong Christian view of the world. Second, we love the classical model where students are not just taught to regurgitate facts, but are taught Latin to develop their vocabulary, taught formal logic to see the proper relationships between concepts, and taught formal rhetoric so that they are able to express their ideas. Third, the students read the great works of history. By reading these great works for themselves, the students are able to participate in the great conversations that have been taking place for thousands of years. All of this means that the students know God's word, can properly interpret God's word, love God's word, proclaim God's word and defend God's word. We trusted this model 12 yrs ago when we enrolled our first child into the school and we are now seeing the wonderful fruit of that.
- Posted by Parent - randa
My son attended Bloomfield Christian School from K-12th grade. This school has become such a rich part of our lives. We had a wonderful experience! The classical & Christian education has given him all of the tools that are necessary for him to succeed! He is now in Medical School at Michigan State University, and he is at the top of his class! We would highly recommend this school for anyone who wishes for their child to develop a closer relationship to Jesus Christ and to also receive a strong academic foundation that will serve them for the rest of their life!
- Posted by Parent - leeph
Our oldest child just finished his first year at CLA, and we could not be more pleased with the education and the school itself. CLA really is a family and we were warmly welcomed into it. Next year his siblings will be attending the school as well. We are so thankful for what is taught and the manner in which it is taught.
- Posted by Parent - chris