Blyth-Templeton students connected with 20 high school and college students from Burma who visited the U.S. under a U.S. State Department program run by Indiana University. After a great conversation and opportunity to learn about each other's cultures, the students participated in a service project together at Potomac Gardens.
BTA students team up with Hopkins Apartments to build raised compost beds for the community to grow seasonal produce.
The BTA community values the accessibility and cost efficiency of Washington D.C.! What better way to integrate that with education?
We use Washington, D.C. as our classroom, getting out into the city frequently to complement and enhance our academic work.
We average only eight students a class – a structure that encourages classroom discussion rather than lectures and collaboration over competition.
The mission of Blyth-Templeton Academy is to transform the lives of its students by providing highly individualized, experiential education in small classes with dedicated and skilled educators.
We are small enough to be personally in touch with every individual, yet large enough to offer a broad range of courses.
Our model combines a warm, inviting atmosphere with great teaching that allows our students to flourish.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,850|
|Admissions Director||Lee Palmer|
- Experiential. We see all of Washington, D.C. as our classroom and take active learning to a whole new level. Whether it`s visiting the U.S. Capitol as part of a history lesson, exploring math at the National Building Museum, or cultivating a community garden around the corner, we see everything around us as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Academically Rigorous. We approach two subjects at a time, focusing on each for several hours a day an approach that allows students to achieve deeper learning. Our students are intellectually curious. They welcome new challenges and think critically about real-world problems. All of our students graduate ready to pursue their passions.
- Average class size of eight. Every student has a "front row" seat. Our teachers provide care and empathy to ensure all of our students receive the individual attention they need to succeed. We start and end each day, week, and year with our students.
- Deeper Learning. Our block approach allows students to spend several hours a day on each subject, giving them a chance to explore critical questions and deepen their understanding of complex topics.
- Very Small Classes. We average only eight students a class a structure that encourages classroom discussion rather than lectures and collaboration over competition.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WashingtonGrades: 6-12 | 331 students
2301 Foxhall Road NW
Washington, DC 20007
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
5100 Edgemoor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Sandy SpringGrades: PK-12 | 589 students
16923 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
PotomacGrades: KG-12 | 374 students
8224 Lochinver Ln
Potomac, MD 20854
WashingtonGrades: K | 25 students
2313 Martin Luther King Jr Ave Se
Washington, DC 20020
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.