Grades: PK-8 | 440 students
Here at Calvary Chapel Academy, our pre-school, elementary, and junior high students, together with their families, are inspired to know and follow Jesus Christ through an academic and spiritual program of excellence.
Our goal is to provide a truly Christ-centered education for our children through an environment which develops and encourages academic excellence, spiritual growth, and a lifelong love and desire for learning.
Our focus is to foster a positive relationship between parent, school, and child with emphasis on Godly family values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs range, depending on grade level.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Angela Richardson|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Athletic Programs, Chorus, S.T.E.M, Yearbook Club Chorus, S.T.E.M, Yearbook Club, Athletic Programs,
- Chapel Chapel Academy began as a preschool in 1999.
- As a ministry of Calvary Chapel Melbourne, it was started as an outreach to the community with three- and four-year olds in attendance.
- Kindergarten was added during the 2002-03 school year, followed by first grade. It was for the 2003-04 school year that the elders and pastors were led to grow the school, adding 2nd-6th grades at one time.
- The doors to Calvary Chapel Christian School opened in August 2003 with 235 students, up from 79 the previous year.
- In 2004-05, 7th grade was added, followed by 8th grade in 2005-06. On May 21, 2006, CCCS graduated its first class of 8th graders.
- In August 2007 the school was blessed with a large expansion, doubling it's size. In the fall of 2008, the school officially changed its name to Calvary Chapel Academy.
- The vision of Calvary Chapel Acamdey is to raise up multiple generations of godly young people who love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength; who serve Him in both their vocational calling and in the local church; and who worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- As the school has grown in students, it has grown in staff as well.
- The program boasts a fully equipped Dell computer lab, iPad lab, expanded fine arts programs, and physical education classes that are held in our gym.
- CCA is double accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MelbourneGrades: PK-12 | 318 students
1100 Dorchester Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
MelbourneGrades: K-12 | 131 students
3150 Milwaukee Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32904
MelbourneGrades: PK-12 | 801 students
50 W. Strawbridge Ave. (Lower School)
Melbourne, FL 32901
Merritt IslandGrades: K-12 | 144 students
Po Box 540067
Merritt Island, FL 32954
MelbourneGrades: K-12 | 115 students
1616 Ferndale Ave
Melbourne, FL 32935
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.