Grades: PK-12 | 318 students
- Bethany Christian School is owned and operated by Bethany Ministries of West Melbourne, Florida.
- Bethany Christian School offers a preschool program (18 mths to 4) and Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- We exist to make disciples of Jesus Christ, through a Biblical school environment, that prepares students to glorify God spiritually, academically, and socially.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in , 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(BCS Polos, Khaki/Navy Shorts, Pants, School Skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rosie Carpenter|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- Bethany Christian School was founded in 1968 as a ministry of Bethany Ministries, West Melbourne, FL. Although in the beginning it was operated under the Accelerated Christian Education approach, it has functioned as a traditional school format since 1981. BCS is fully accredited by the Florida State Department of Education and the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools.
- Bethany consistently provides a quality educational program which prepares students to be successful with a high school to college rate of 98.7 percent. Programs in music, art and athletics are just a few of the many opportunities our students enjoy. Bethany Christian School offers a board recognized Resource Department which provides services for students with learning challenges.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MelbourneGrades: PK-12 | 801 students
50 W. Strawbridge Ave. (Lower School)
Melbourne, FL 32901
MelbourneGrades: PK-8 | 440 students
2955 Minton Road
Melbourne, FL 32904
Palm BayGrades: PK-12 | 310 students
720 Emerson Dr Ne
Palm Bay, FL 32907
Palm BayGrades: 1-12 | 23 students
341 Emerson Dr Nw
Palm Bay, FL 32907
MelbourneGrades: PK-12 | 111 students
4300 N Wickham
Melbourne, FL 32935
The Preschool is excellent! The students learn to read. Chapel is so exciting and the children love it. Very welcoming to parents. They even have a huge Grandparent day program. This is what a Christion school should be.
- Posted by Parent - samps
Brevard Christian Preschool is so energetic! The students walk in excited to see what they will learn each day. The love of learning extends far beyond preschool. The VPK students are reading books. The school partners with parents to create a school where each child is known by name and parents are able to participate in the daily events. Check out the web site.
- Posted by Administrator - rita
My son is in High school and is doing great. He is being challenged and recieives help after school by the teachers if needed. He loves the new pricipal and all the changes for high school. Instead of struggling to fit in with peer pressure, he is accepted for who he is. He used to want to go to public school but has recently changed his mind. He can now see how the hard work is paying off for his future. God in his daily schooling has molded a young man ready for the challenges of the world.
- Posted by Parent - rterp
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.