Set in 14 acres of lush gardens, Florida Prep is located close to a local mall, a golf course and movie theater.
The school offers a number of sports and electives, including Soccer, Track & Field, Basketball, Baseball and Surfing.
Music and Glee Club perform for students twice a year during popular talent shows.Tuition is offered in guitar, piano, violin and drums.
Popular events include 'Spirit Week', during which students dress to a theme and have lots of fun selecting their costumes.
Students may elect to take Flight Training from 9th Grade. Many of our Seniors graduate with a Private Pilot License.
The Florida Prep Air Force JROTC Unit (FL-32) ranks in the top 100 units throughout the USA.Off campus events include camping, color guard for the Orlando Magic Basketball team and visits to the local Air Force base.
Florida Prep offers boarding and day enrollment for young men and women in grades 6-12. We have a strong academic program, exciting electives, and progams to help those who need extra academic support, including supervised study halls, tutoring and ESOL. Through our 21st Century Skills & Values program we challenge our students to grow and to succeed.
Our beautiful campus is located on the central east coast of Florida, 10 minutes from the beach and local shopping.
Florida Prep is easily accessible by car via I-95 and by airplane through Melbourne International airport (MLB) and Orlando International airport (MCO) located 45 miles away.
Florida Prep offers advanced placement and honors courses in addition to a number of popular clubs and activities.
We provide small classes with a low teacher-student ratio, combined with individual attention and structured days. Skills learned at Florida Prep will set your child up to succeed not only in school, but also in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Computer Science A (Aventa Course), English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Spanish Language, Studio Art, US Government & Politics, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(School Polo Shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Alisa Southwell|
|Admissions Associate||Safiyah Dinally|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingArchery, Baseball,
Basketball, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drill Team, Flight Training, Glee Club, JROTC, Kitty Hawk Air Society, National Honor Society, Rocket Club, Skateboarding, Surf Team Drill Team, Glee Club, JROTC, Rocket Club, Skateboarding, Surf Team, Flight Training,
Kitty Hawk Air Society,
National Honor Society,
- Florida Prep is an academically excellent College Prep Boarding School for American and International boys and girls, ages 10-18.
- Academics: Florida Prep assures 100% college acceptance with 1/3 of our yearly graduates attending top 100 universities and colleges.
- ESL: While other schools are only now creating new ESOL programs, Florida Prep has decades of ESL experience for the international student looking to study in the United States. Our total immersion ESOL program has, for 55 years, assisted students from 63 different countries with ongoing preparation and successful placement in top U.S. Universities.
- Technology: As a technology friendly school, students have every day access to Wide Band WiFi to help them communicate easily with home and stream online content. Every student at Florida Prep must have a iPad for our One to One iPad Program.
- Travel: Students will find peace of mind as our on-campus travel coordinator provides assistance with travel arrangements while the F-1 Visa consultant helps with student immigration paperwork. Our Campus is located just 5 minutes from Melbourne International Airport and 55 Minutes from Orlando International Airport.
- Athletics: Florida Prep is proud to encourage our students to participate in one or more of our many sports offerings: Basketball, Baseball, Swimming, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Volley Ball, Surfing, Skateboarding, Wrestling and Weightlifting.
- Florida Prep has a decades old reputation for flight training. Students may begin flight in 9th grade and many graduate with a Private Pilots License.
- Location: Our campus is located in Melbourne Florida, just five minutes to shopping, restaurants, live theater, beautiful beaches and cinemas. We are a 60 minute drive to Orlando where we frequently visit Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and other world class theme parks. We are located on Florida's Space Coast, the home of Kennedy Space Center where rocket launches are a common occurrence.
- Visit our website at www.flprep.com to see why Florida Prep is a great choice for students looking to achieve academic success in the United States.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WoodstockGrades: 6-12 | 159 students
614 South Main St.
Woodstock, VA 22664
WaynesboroGrades: 7-12 | 169 students
255 South Wayne Avenue
Waynesboro, VA 22980
San AntonioGrades: 6-12 | 482 students
20955 West Tejas Trail
San Antonio, TX 78257
CamdenGrades: 7-12 | 253 students
520 Highway 1 N
Camden, SC 29020
New BloomfieldGrades: 6-12 | 88 students
200 North Carlisle Street
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
Florida Air Academy is an excellent college preparatory school which truly provides individualized attention to each student. We have never seen such a dedicated team of administrators, faculty and staff. In addition to the strong academic education, FAA promotes leadership and character. The campus is kept immaculate; the food is healthy and top-notch, and the atmosphere is family-oriented. The door is always open to speak with administration and faculty, and they welcome parent input.
- Posted by Parent - aoshe
Florida Air Academy (FAA) in sunny Melbourne FL was the perfect choice of education for my children. It is great mix of educational, cultural, and leadership opportunities. Having students from all over the nation and world brings rich opportunities to learn new cultures and create friendships that would not be possible from a public school. My son attended FAA for four years and graduated as the sixth squadron commander and salutatorian of his class. He enjoyed the AFJROTC program and was the rocket club commander and Kitty Hawk vice president. He also studied flight through the program that FAA has with Florida Institute of Technology and he received his private pilot’s license. He applied and was accepted to University of Florida, Georgia Institute of Technology, Embry Riddle and Coast Guard Academy. He also received merit-based and Air Force ROTC and Navy ROTC scholarships. He is now attending Embry Riddle studying Aerospace Engineering. The experience gained at FAA has enabled him to be ready for the challenges of college life. My daughter entered Florida Air Academy in seventh grade and is graduating this year. As a middle school student, she was able to take some high school classes to accelerate her schedule to be able to have room for college-level courses and be a teacher’s assistant. She has been very involved in the AFJROTC program and is currently the Operations Squadron Commander. She is also a member of the color guard and drill teams. She has been the rocket club commander and vice president of Kitty Hawk. Her career goal is to serve in the military rehabilitating servicemen. She is planning on studying Physical Therapy and has applied for Air Force ROTC and Army ROTC scholarships. She has applied to Florida Southern College, High Point University, Campbell University, George Mason and UCF. She has already been accepted to Florida Southern with a merit-based scholarship. My children have thrived at Florida Air Academy. The AFJROTC and military structure has taught them to take their endeavors and studies seriously and responsibly. FAA teaches respect and leadership and offers cadets hands-on experience as leaders. The teachers, TAC officers and staff are wonderful and caring. There are sports, clubs, weekend activities, volunteer opportunities and other supervised fun ways for the cadets to interact. Most of the classes and activities have kids of different ages so they can get to know all the students at the school not just their class. Florida Air Academy is the perfect school for my kids. Your children may enjoy and benefit from the unique learning opportunities that only FAA could offer my kids. Greg & Donna Putira
- Posted by Parent - putir
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.