- CATS Academy Boston is a one-of-a-kind, pioneering, private boarding school for grades 9-12 that offers an American curriculum within an international community of students.
- The faculty at CATS Academy Boston creates an educational environment where students can reach their highest academic and personal potential through individualized learning plans, focused college counseling, extensive advanced placement classes, weekly one-on-one advising, and complete ACT/SAT preparation.
- In addition, for international students, the school provides daily ESL courses and TOEFL guidance along with unparalleled support for acclimation to the American education system and culture.
- Personalized attention is given to each student.
- Active participation and interactive classroom discussion expose students to a range of different teaching and learning methods.
- The program achieves a well-rounded educational experience that is challenging, progressive, exciting and enjoyable while ensuring that students have the skills to advance to selective colleges and universities.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||16 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP Physics C, AP Art College Portfolio, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Economics, AP English Language and Composition, AP French Language and Culture, AP Physics 1, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP United States History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,000|
|Tuition Notes||Other fees apply for International students|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Amy Roberts|
|Admissions Associate||Rosie Bailey|
- CATS Academy Boston’s academic program is arranged around required core courses and a range of electives. The new ground breaking CATS Institute for Global Business program also supplements the core academic program but providing interested students with integrated courses to develop leadership and business skills. Students can choose from the following elective subjects to supplement their core curriculum. They will be selected with guidance from their teachers based on ability and university objectives. • Actor’s Studio • Advanced Fashion: Marketing & Technology • Advanced Painting and Drawing • American Art History Visual Literacy • Big Data • Biotechnology • Business Writing • Chorus • Computer Science • Creative Writing • Economics Macro • Economics Micro • Economics in Literature • Environmental Science • French • Game Theory • Gender Politics in Literature • Genetics • Global Music • History of Economics, 1785-1900 • History of Economics, 1900-2015 • Introduction to Fashion: Reclaimed Materials • Introduction to Painting • Introduction to Drawing • Italian • Mandarin • Music Business • Music Literacy • Music Technology and Production • Philanthropy in Business • Robotics • Russia’s Role in the Global Economy • Spanish • Viral Imagination The following Advanced Placement courses are also available to students. • AP Art College Portfolio • AP Biology • AP Calculus • AP Chemistry • AP Chinese Language and Culture • AP Economics • AP English Language and Composition • AP French Language and Culture • AP Physics 1 • AP Physics C • AP Spanish Language and Culture • AP Statistics • AP United States History Additionally we offer a comprehensive extra-curricular program of sports, clubs, and cultural immersion activities.
Profile last updated: 06/04/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WalthamGrades: 9-12 | 178 students
785 Beaver Street
Waltham, MA 02452
FraminghamGrades: 9-12 | 301 students
273 Union Avenue
Framingham, MA 01702
Chestnut HillGrades: 6-12 | 451 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
WestonGrades: 6-12 | 483 students
333 Winter St
Weston, MA 02493
CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 639 students
45 Matignon Road
Cambridge, MA 02140