Grades: NS-8 | 360 students
- Since its founding as a ministry of Cedar Grove Church in 1968, Cedar Grove Christian Academy has been blessed with a rich heritage of Christian education.
- Throughout the years, God's leading and provision have been continually evident.
- The mission of Cedar Grove Christian Academy is to provide a quality Christian education which emphasizes traditional Biblical values.
- By successfully carrying out this mission, the school hopes to play a significant role in the development of young people who will become effective Christians, impacting every part of society in our community, nation, and world.
- This ongoing mission and the anticipated results are made possible through God's continued grace and direction together with the support of Cedar Grove Church, many other area partners and congregations, alumni, current school families, friends and benefactors, and the dedicated school faculty and staff.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||221 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 128 students
1015 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 843 students
11023 Kipling Ln
Philadelphia, PA 19154
PhiladelphiaGrades: KG-8 | 202 students
Po Box 5520
Philadelphia, PA 19143
PhiladelphiaGrades: NS-3 | 102 students
7200 Roosevelt Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19149
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
3000 W School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
My son has been going to CGCA since pre-school, he is now going to the 4th grade. At times my husband and I would complain about how much work is given on daily basis, but we have realized that it not only benefits our child it benefits us as well. There is a continuous teaching of the bible everyday. We are so grateful that our child is always depending on God because of the teaching at CGCA. Our child has been on the honor roll his entire 3rd grade year. We pray that he continues to succeed. This school also offers summer camp which is a plus for us. We also take advantage of that:-)
- Posted by Parent - Bless
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.