Grades: NS-8 | 341 students
- Since its founding as a ministry of Cedar Grove Church in 1968, Cedar Grove Christian Academy has been blessed with a rich heritage of Christian education.
- Throughout the years, God's leading and provision have been continually evident.
- The mission of Cedar Grove Christian Academy is to provide a quality Christian education which emphasizes traditional Biblical values.
- By successfully carrying out this mission, the school hopes to play a significant role in the development of young people who will become effective Christians, impacting every part of society in our community, nation, and world.
- This ongoing mission and the anticipated results are made possible through God's continued grace and direction together with the support of Cedar Grove Church, many other area partners and congregations, alumni, current school families, friends and benefactors, and the dedicated school faculty and staff.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||221 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 128 students
1015 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 843 students
11023 Kipling Ln
Philadelphia, PA 19154
PhiladelphiaGrades: KG-8 | 202 students
Po Box 5520
Philadelphia, PA 19143
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 937 students
3033 Levick St
Philadelphia, PA 19149
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 1101 students
500 W Willow Grove Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
My son has been going to CGCA since pre-school, he is now going to the 4th grade. At times my husband and I would complain about how much work is given on daily basis, but we have realized that it not only benefits our child it benefits us as well. There is a continuous teaching of the bible everyday. We are so grateful that our child is always depending on God because of the teaching at CGCA. Our child has been on the honor roll his entire 3rd grade year. We pray that he continues to succeed. This school also offers summer camp which is a plus for us. We also take advantage of that:-)
- Posted by Parent - Bless
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.