- At Charles River School children learn in an engaging environment that builds essential skills and knowledge and develops arts and habits of mind that will help them grow into thoughtful, discerning adults and citizens of the world.
- We believe that children learn best when there is context to their learning and therefore our curriculum revolves around central subjects or themes such as Marco Polo's journey or immigration.
- Through a powerful program of academic skills, the arts, physical education and athletics, children acquire strong language and mathematical skills as well as self-knowledge, self-confidence and an awareness of others and the diverse world.
- We are a community of learners where parents are actively involved in the daily life of the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from 20520 to 29975|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,000|
|Admissions Director||Mimi Earley|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Hughes|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service, Math Club, Newspaper, Yearbook Math Club, Newspaper, Yearbook, Community Service,
- At Charles River School, we: Challenge children with an engaging and innovative academic, arts, and athletic program that stimulates intellectual curiosity, supports risk-taking and fosters exploration and discovery; Honor children as individuals, and nurture their development, self-worth and achievement; Cultivate a community that approaches education as a shared endeavor among parents, students and teachers; Respect ourselves and others, and prepare children to be active participants in our diverse world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MillisGrades: PK-8 | 86 students
350 Village St
Millis, MA 02054
Chestnut HillGrades: NS-6 | 274 students
428 Hammond Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 1018 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
WalpoleGrades: NS-8 | 413 students
808 East Street
Walpole, MA 02081
NeedhamGrades: PK-5 | 424 students
90 Pickering St
Needham, MA 02492
I am currently a rising 8th grader at Charles River, and I have loved this school since day one ten years ago. The CRS atmosphere is filled with care, motivation, and excitement. Our academics are rich and well taught by very experienced teachers. I have been through every grade that CRS has to offer, and I can tell for sure that CRS's very personal and thematic learning just gets better with every new grade. This school let me grow into myself while allowing me to learn with understanding teachers and friends.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kalyp
Our two children are graduates of CRS. It is the best educational experience we have ever had. We fully credit the wonderful teaching and leadership for the curious, articulate, kind and independent people they are.
- Posted by Parent - rldew
It is a very small school where everybody knows everybody. The teachers are very caring, the atmosphere is friendly and the program is excellent. My two boys are in 8th grade. I am very happy with the choice I made last year to send them to CRS. I only wish I had made this choice earlier in their lives. CRS is the best!!
- Posted by Parent - lorle