Grades: NS-3 | 128 students
- Children's Garden Montessori Academy is a private preschool with campuses in Plano and Frisco.
- CGMA offers nourishing care, safe environment and advanced academic curriculum using authentic Montessori philosophy for children 3 months to 9 yrs.
- The facilities are located in convenient locations with spacious classrooms, equipped with Montessori material, huge indoor and out door play area, library and music halls.
- All teachers are Montessori certified, experienced and passionate about teaching young children.
- Nutritious snacks and hot lunches served.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Navy pants and white shirts with school logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Robin Hinkler|
|Admissions Associate||Savithri Krishnan|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, TennisBallet, Basketball,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Piano, Music, Art, Foreign Language, Chess Piano, Music, Art, Chess, Foreign Language,
Offers authentic Montessori curriculum
- Montessori Certified, experienced teachers
- Nourishing Infant care for 3 months to 18 months
- Montessori Toddler program for 18 months to 3 yrs
- Montessori Primary program for 3 yrs to 6 yrs
- Enrichment curriculum includes Chinese, Spanish, Music, Computer, Art/Craft, Gardening and cooking lessons
- Extra curricular activities includes Soccer, Basketball, Martial arts, Piano, Art, Chess, Yoga, Dance and Computer
- Enriched before school and after school programs
- Open from 7 am - 6:30 pm M-F
- Offers year around Montessori program
- Huge indoor gym
- Covered outdoor play ground
- Offers spelling, reading and writing enrichment curriculum
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PlanoGrades: PK-K | 100 students
5200 Hedgcoxe Rd
Plano, TX 75024
PlanoGrades: K | 11 students
5465 Legacy Dr
Plano, TX 75024
FriscoGrades: PK-3 | 174 students
10247 Warren Pkwy
Frisco, TX 75035
PlanoGrades: NS-K | 105 students
4660 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024
PlanoGrades: PK-KG | 88 students
6912 Ohio Dr
Plano, TX 75024
I am a parent of two children attending in Children's Garden. My experience with the school is very positive. The academic program is outstanding with special instructions on Language Development, Spelling, Reading and Writing. My older child is now 4 and is very advanced in Math at 2nd grade level. Teachers are very experienced and knowledgeable. The facility is huge, well lighted and spacious. The school was showcased as Model School in International Montessori Conference in Dallas in 2014.
- Posted by Parent - amysc
Completely pleased with this school! I have a very busy preschooler, I'm a concerned and sometimes nervous parent yet this school has won me over completely! My priorities regarding my daughter going to school are: is she learning? is she safe? is she being taught manners and social skills? is she able to nap/rest? are they kind to her? is she happy? and I can say without a doubt that we are pleased and so is my daughter! We can pick any school in the area and I'm careful about who I recommend...I feel like more parents need to know about how wonderful this school is.
- Posted by Parent - cate.
My son completed his KG in CGMA this year. The program offered by this school was outstanding. My son took his test in Language. The principal was amazed with his language skills. Facility is well maintained. Teachers are very friendly and dedicated. The Director of the school Mrs. Athirai is very committed and respond to our concern/suggestions at once. I would highly recommend any parent to visit CGMA, Plano.
- Posted by Parent - subam
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.