|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Appropriate for play and messiness!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies, see website for current tuition rates.|
- Children’s Growing Center (CGC) is a licensed, church-related school serving the families of San Diego and centrally located in Mission Valley.
- During the first five years of life, a person forms a basic pattern of life skills. We provide a high-quality program that fosters each child's development during these important years.
- The development of the “whole child” is essential. Our educational program emphasizes physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth, which is planned and implemented by our quality staff.
- We believe in the importance of an educationally–developed environment to facilitate a child’s ability to investigate, explore, and experiment. Play is the medium through which learning takes place.
- In working together with each family, we help to meet every child’s needs and to further their understanding of the learning process. We work closely with parents to help children learn more easily and to reinforce concepts, social skills, creative expression, and feelings of self-worth. We help parents appreciate the value of play.
- Since we work closely with families, we rely on and appreciate parental time, talent, and volunteer commitment for school/classroom events and fundraising efforts.
- AGES and CLASS SIZE
- The Children’s Growing Center (CGC) serves children 0—6 in classrooms from Infant to Kindergarten. Our program includes infant (0-18 months) with a 1:4 teacher/child ratio; toddler (18—30 months) with a 1:6 ratio; preschool (2 1/2—4 years) and Kindergarten (5—6 years) with a 1:12 ratio.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.