Grades: NS-K | 107 students
Children's Growing Center (CGC) is a non-profit, church related school where children (ages 0-6) learn through planned and emergent play experiences.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Appropriate for play and messiness!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies, see website for current tuition rates.|
- Children’s Growing Center (CGC) is a licensed, church-related school serving the families of San Diego and centrally located in Mission Valley.
- During the first five years of life, a person forms a basic pattern of life skills. We provide a high-quality program that fosters each child's development during these important years.
- The development of the “whole child” is essential. Our educational program emphasizes physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth, which is planned and implemented by our quality staff.
- We believe in the importance of an educationally–developed environment to facilitate a child’s ability to investigate, explore, and experiment. Play is the medium through which learning takes place.
- In working together with each family, we help to meet every child’s needs and to further their understanding of the learning process. We work closely with parents to help children learn more easily and to reinforce concepts, social skills, creative expression, and feelings of self-worth. We help parents appreciate the value of play.
- Since we work closely with families, we rely on and appreciate parental time, talent, and volunteer commitment for school/classroom events and fundraising efforts.
- AGES and CLASS SIZE
- The Children’s Growing Center (CGC) serves children 0—6 in classrooms from Infant to Kindergarten. Our program includes infant (0-18 months) with a 1:4 teacher/child ratio; toddler (18—30 months) with a 1:6 ratio; preschool (2 1/2—4 years) and Kindergarten (5—6 years) with a 1:12 ratio.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CollegedaleGrades: PK-5 | 280 students
PO Box 568
Collegedale, TN 37315
South MountainGrades: 6-12 | 50 students
Po Box 334
South Mountain, PA 17261
SeattleGrades: KG-8 | 60 students
Po Box 51241
Seattle, WA 98115
ShallotteGrades: K-9 | 46 students
Po Box 1988
Shallotte, NC 28459
Santa RosaGrades: K-2
50 Mark West Springs Rd., Ste. 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.