Grades: K-12 | 40 students
- CHILD is a three-component 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides therapeutic day-school services, pediatric clinical therapy services for students and private clients (ages 3 - 18), and support and training for parents and professionals.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Sensory processing, Autism, language, developmental delays, cognitive, emotional, social, behavioral, attention|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We work with students placed by parents or in partnership with 20 school districts in the Puget Sound region.|
- CHILD is a regional specialty school for children with emotional, social and behavioral challenges. Founded in 1977, we have successfully educated children with a range of conditions that interfere with learning including: Sensory Processing Disorders, Behavioral difficulties, Inability to self-regulate, Anxiety, Impulsivity, Disorganization, Communication deficits and Inflexible thinking.
- Since 1980, CHILD has been approved by the Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) to provide contracted therapeutic services to students from public school districts whose resources cannot adequately serve them.
- CHILD serves approximately 50-60 full-time students placed by parents or in partnership with up to 25 school districts that live in King, Pierce, Snohomish and Kitsap counties and commute daily to our campus. All of the students who attend CHILD receive Special Education Services.
- In addition to academics and integrated therapeutic supports, CHILD specializes in teaching self-regulation, social emotional learning skills and coping tools to children with special needs. Small class size and very low student to teacher ratio ensures focused instruction. Classroom lessons and integrated mental health supports are customized based on each child's strengths and challenges. Individualized instruction builds lagging skills to work through challenging behavior, so students can learn, grow and succeed.
- Why Choose CHILD? Using an empathy-based approach we repair trust, boost self-esteem and practice skills. We help students grow beyond the struggles that block their readiness for learning and to connect with their world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
1111 S Carr Road
Renton, WA 98055
MeadGrades: PK-12 | 10 students
12611 N. Wilson St.
Mead, WA 99021
SeattleGrades: 1-9 | 100 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
RentonGrades: K-8 | 487 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057
9750 3rd Avenue NE, Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98115
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.