Grades: K-12 | 42 students
CHILD is an accredited, therapeutic day-school designed for students 5-15, and a pediatric therapy clinic. CHILD serves students with emotional, social and behavioral challenges that are placed privately by parents or in partnership with school districts.
CHILD Developmental Therapy Services clinic provides early intervention OT, speech/language and mental health counseling services for children ages 3-18. CHILD's classrooms are made up of 5 to 8 students, with a typical student to teacher ratio of 2:1.
Since 1977, CHILD has focused on identifying barriers and developing solutions for children most vulnerable to failure in school, at home and in life.
We provide innovative full-day academic programs coupled with developmental therapy services that promote social, emotional and academic growth for children with special needs.
CHILD creates the probability of re-entry into public school within one to three years, generating success at school, at home and in life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Sensory processing, Autism, language, developmental delays, cognitive, emotional, social, behavioral, attention|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We work with students placed by parents or in partnership with 20 school districts in the Puget Sound region.|
- CHILD is a regional specialty school for children with emotional, social and behavioral challenges. Since 1977, we have successfully educated children with a range of conditions that interfere with learning including: Sensory Processing Disorders, Behavioral difficulties, Inability to self-regulate, Anxiety, Impulsivity, Disorganization, Communication deficits and Inflexible thinking.
- In addition to academics and integrated therapeutic supports, CHILD specializes in teaching self-regulation, social emotional learning skills and coping tools to children with special needs.
- "At CHILD, for the first time, I found answers to questions, solutions for problems and hope never-ending for helping my son." - MHL, Parent
- Small class size and very low student to teacher ratio ensures focused instruction. Classroom lessons and integrated mental health supports are customized based on your child`s strengths and challenges. Individualized instruction builds lagging skills to work through challenging behavior, so your child can learn, grow and succeed.
- Why Choose CHILD? Using an empathy-based approach with your child we repair trust, boost self-esteem and practice skills. We help your child grow beyond the struggles that block their readiness for learning and to connect with their world.
- We think our students are a different kind of gifted and we nurture those precious gifts every day.
- "I am amazed daily how well he is doing, how caring and compassionate staff are, and how much he LOVES going to school each day!"
- ~M.S., Parent
- We invite you to schedule a tour to visit our campus or contact us to inquire about Admissions.
- Your child can succeed in school. We can help.
Profile last updated: 04/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
1111 S Carr Road
Renton, WA 98055
SeattleGrades: K-9 | 149 students
4200 S Mead St
Seattle, WA 98118
9750 3rd Avenue NE, Suite 102
Seattle, WA 98115
Mercer IslandGrades: K-12 | 225 students
9655 SE 36th Street, #101
Mercer Island, WA 98040
RentonGrades: K-8 | 487 students
336 Shattuck Avenue S
Renton, WA 98057