- The Children's World PSI Montessori School is a enriched authentic academic experience directed by Dr. Sylvia Purvis in Freeport, New York.
- The montessori school is a non-sectarian, state certified montessori school.
- Our purpose is to provide a quality Montessori school dedicated to the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- In a montessori school there is no preset curriculum.
- We provide a rich environment in which the children may develop their capabilities according to their individual need and capacities.
- The montessori classroom is a prepared environment meeting the children's physical, emotional and intellectual needs and offers the widest range of learning experiences, including the special montessori equipment for the development of the senses, motor skills, concepts of mathematics, language, science, music, and geography.
- Items offering a great variety of practical life exercises such as self-care, preparation of food, washing, polishing, etc.
- Also there is equipment for creative expression in the field of arts, crafts, paints, clay, crayons, cutting, pasting, and other media.
- The montessori school prepares children for the future with a curriculum that is well constructed and attractive.
- It is designed to be self-teaching and self correcting and it can be used individually or in small groups.
- The children learn through activities and the materials help their interaction with each other.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.