- At Community Day School our goal is to prepare students to impact the world through their academic excellence, global citizenship, and compassionate action.
- From Preschool through Middle School our curriculum teaches 21st century skills through Project Based Learning, direct instruction and social interaction.
- We provide students with a nurturing learning environment that both supports them as individuals and challenges them to learn at an age-appropriate and individual level.
- Our curriculum is rigorous and focused on learning objectives that help a child cultivate their proficiency in core academic areas and their critical thinking.
- We also provide a breadth of enrichment programs at all ages (i.e., dance, music, art, agriculture).
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||High School Algebra, High School Geometry, Virtual School Foreign Language Support|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(uniforms/polo and khaki pants/shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,750|
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition is based on grade/class attended, from Preschool part-time ($5,100) to Middle School ($16,000.)|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amy Meese|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool Clubs Include: JV Sports, Art, Band, Chorus, Cooking Club, Drama, Horticulture, Karate, Lego, Literature Art, Band, Chorus, Cooking Club, Drama, Horticulture, Karate, Lego, Literature, Afterschool Clubs Include: JV Sports,
- Graduates of Community Day School know: who they are and what they stand for; their unique gifts and how to use them; when to lead and when to follow; when to create and when to innovate; when to speak and when to listen; when to work independently and how to work collaboratively. Graduates of Community Day School dare to: pose questions and seek solutions; appreciate and demonstrate creative expression; live their faith and respect others; compromise and negotiate; think and reason for themselves; be joyful and playful.
People that viewed Community Day School (formerly Goldie Feldman Academy also viewed these schools: Prew Academy.
Amazing school, dedicated teachers and staff, personalized attention to help each student reach their highest potential. Very highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - ACohen
We are in a very unique position of being able to compare and contrast our experience at CDS with a gifted public charter school. Our child attended public school from 2-5 grade. This school is ranked as #1 in the state of FL and 6th in the country. We have been part of the CDS family since June 2016 and started 6th grade in August 2016. CDS has offered our child a WHOLE person education / experience from Day 1. The small environment has allowed CDS to KNOW our family. "D" is challenged academically as well as personally. We were concerned that he would be too advanced coming from a gifted school. This has NEVER been a concern. CDS took the time to analyze his skill set and placed him in the classes which were appropriate for him. He is happy yet challenged and more importantly PROUD of his work. We cannot say enough about our experience. This school has changed our lives. We are a happy family...he is accountable for his work....and holds himself accountable. He does this because CDS molds the mindset that the student (NOT the parent) is accountable for their responsibilities!! We are so very thankful to be apart of this family.
- Posted by Parent - Lori Nikolic-Vasile
There's simply no other school like it! I don't know who loves Community Day School more -- our kids or us! It makes me wish we could go to school again. The teachers and staff are so warm, and authentically care about the kids. It's obvious that they are passionate about their work, and the kids' success and well-being. It's really like having a big family here, and nothing falls in between the cracks. Our family loves the Project-Based-Learning philosophy... We all have "ants in our pants," and enjoy experiential learning so much more than the traditional old way of learning. Isn't that what real life is like after all? We appreciate our kids being exposed to leadership skills, the arts, and cutting-edge technology from a very young age as well as respect for the environment. Mostly, we appreciate that the kids learn to be kind, and compassionate human-beings. I can't say enough about our school. Thank you, CDS!!!
- Posted by Parent - Keren & Josh Lifrak