Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is a non-profit organization providing services around the nation for persons with emotional, developmental & educational disabilities.
- The Devereux mission is to change lives and nurture human potential.
- We inspire hope, ensure well-being, and promote meaningful life choices.
- Our mission is achieved through a wide range of services and supports for individuals and their families. The mission of the Devereux Early Childhood Inititive (DECI) is to create working partnerships among early childhood educators, mental health professionals, and families to promote young children's social and emotional development, foster resilience, and build the skills for school success.
- Devereux Brandywine School serves males, grades 1-12, with Emotional Disturbances, Learning Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders. Offered are: PA Standard (Common Core) Curriculum, PSSA/Keystone Components, Aimsweb Progress Monitoring, Credits toward Diploma, School-Wide Postive Behavior Intervention & Support (SW-PBIS), Skill Development Classes/ Career Cruising, Student Work Program, Direct Instruction (SRA) in Reading/Math, Speech/Language/Occupational Therapy Services and Extended School Year (ESY) Program.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Emotional Disturbances, Learning Disabilities, ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, Autism Spectrum Disorders, among others|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$44,782|
|Tuition Notes||The $44,782 tuition costs are for the 10-month school program. ESY is separate.|
|Admissions Director||Carol Konecny|
|Admissions Associate||Pam McCullough|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Program, Client Core Team, Gym Class, Robotics Club, School Newpaper, Talent Show, Technology Club Art Program, Gym Class, Robotics Club, Talent Show, Client Core Team,
- On Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health campuses throughout Chester County, Approved Private Schools (APSes) continue the work of Helena Devereux who believed that all children, even those with emotional and/or developmental nees, could flourish and learn in a caring, nurturing, and supportive environement.
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health offers five APSes in Chester County, Brandywine being one of the five schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MediaGrades: NS-12 | 305 students
111 Elwyn Road
Media, PA 19063
JeffersonvilleGrades: K-12 | 150 students
162 Egypt Road
Jeffersonville, PA 19403
PottstownGrades: K-12 | 210 students
873 S Hanover Street
Pottstown, PA 19465
PaoliGrades: 3-12 | 167 students
19 E Central Ave
Paoli, PA 19301
StraffordGrades: K-12 | 255 students
445 Upper Gulph Road
Strafford, PA 19087
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.