Grades: K-12 | 255 students
- Woodlynde is one of the oldest and most successful independent, college-prep schools for K-12 students who learn differently in the Delaware Valley. At Woodlynde School, students gain access to caring experts in education, thrive in our nurturing environment, benefit from specialized teaching methods and strategies, rise to the challenge of our college prep curriculum, and emerge with the tools and self-confidence to be successful and happy in college, career, and life.
- Typically, 100% of graduates are accepted to colleges of their choice, with many going on to pursue advanced degrees.
- For information, please visit www.woodlynde.org.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language or Math-based learning differences, dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADD/ADHD, executive function disorder, auditory processing disorder|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Literature and Composition|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Kristen Tabun|
|Admissions Associate||Kristin McMurrer|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Athletics, Drama, School Newspaper, Yearbook, and Community Service Art, Athletics, Drama, Yearbook, School Newspaper,
and Community Service,
Woodlynde School is an independent co-educational college prep school located in suburban Philadelphia for intelligent, talented students with learning differences. Many of our students have been diagnosed with language- or math-based learning differences (such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, or dyscalculia), executive function disorder, ADD/ADHD, or auditory processing disorder, while others simply need a small classroom environment in which to be successful.
Programs we offer:
Programs we offer:
- Rigorous academics in a college prep setting
- A dynamic writing program
- Daily use of the Wilson Reading System in Lower School and WILSON support as needed in grades 6-12
- Honors sections in Upper School
- Robust arts, athletics, and student life programs that support whole-child development
- Laptops loaded with assistive technology for all students, with peronal laptops for home and school use in grades 6-12
- Instruction in organization, study skills, and time management
- Metacognition classes teaching students to learn how they learn best
- Extra help within and beyond the school day
- Individualized guidance for college placement
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MalvernGrades: PK-12 | 270 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Bryn MawrGrades: 5-12 | 72 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
PhiladelphiaGrades: UG | 51 students
111 N 49th St
Philadelphia, PA 19139
GlenmooreGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
151 Devereux Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
WayneGrades: 7-12 | 292 students
1001 Eagle Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
My son attends Woodlynde, and for the first time he "loves" going to school. He comes home and asks to do his homework. The staff goes above and beyond to support whatever it is your child needs to be successful and enjoy learning. The faculty profile impressed me with their high degrees of education, experience, and multiple specialties. The kids are Woodlynde are 100% College bound, college ready! That's more than most schools can boast. Most of all...I have a child who is intellectually curious, and he is challenged in areas he's strong in, and they work with him on any subjects he's weak in. If he doesn't learn it one way, they teach him using a different method until it "clicks." And it will "click" at Woodlynde! Our family is at peace knowing our son is at such a great school!
- Posted by Parent - princ
This school changed my daughter's life. They helped to actualize her potential and learn to think of herself as the smart, competant student that she really is. Watching her find her strengths and try on different roles has been such a joy for us.
- Posted by Parent - ddema
This school changed my life-not only did it make me believe in myself academically but I met people amongst both the students and teachers and now that I have graduated I am still close with both. I had so much fun at this school, and will always cherish my time spent there. This school turned a bullied,unhappy,"stupid",kid with no confidence into a happy,hardworking,confident college student. It's an amazing, one of a kind place.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hocke
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.